August 8, 2016
Eight means new beginning (August)
Sixteen mean love (Year)
I am confessing that today starts a new beginning that I will love.
When they say time flies, it really does. It has really been five years since we’ve move to Tampa and oh what an experience it has been for us.
We decided to move to Tampa from Atlanta so I our children could enjoy growing up with their extended family. My husband’s parents are both 1 of 10 and of course they have many many aunts, uncles and cousins. Well, five years later we’re no closer to his family than before we moved here. In the beginning, it just seems like we were trying so hard to be around them but it wasn’t being reciprocated. Have you ever had a friendship where you stopped communicating and realized that you were the one doing all the communication in the first place? That was us. We were doing the most and when we stopped trying to be “apart” of the family and get to know them better – crickets.
The blessing has been that we do live just 6 minutes from my inlaws. I’m happy that my husband is now so close to his parents and 1 hour from his brother. It’s been a great having them up the street and it’s also strengthened the relationships between them and the kids.
- Paid off all our debt (except for the house) We’re debt free!
- Bought a home and hired a wonderful designer to help us make it pretty.
- Built a beautiful pool, debt free
- Found an amazing church and Pastor
- Met some amazing friends
- Started Bailee’s Nail Box
- Published two books on Amazon
- Started working at an amazing company (the best place I’ve ever worked)
- Re-launched and rebranded my non-profit
- Children are thriving at their schools and friendships
- Bailee published a book with 25 other kidpreneurs
- Developed a love for trading
- Explored Florida & still exploring
- Multiple Disney trips
- Local speaking engagements
- Nominated Mom of the Year with a local non-profit
- Join a business mastermind
- Joined/Co created a real estate investment group – bought our first 19 units.
- Husband awarded top realtor in Florida and Georgia
- Ambassadorship with Abbott Freestyle Libre
- Living 1 hour from my best friend!
- Lived in a suite for [the first] 2 years while paying off debt. I didn’t know it would be that long.
- Trying to make new friends as an adult can be … interesting. Some flourished, some didn’t. Life.
- My dad died.
- Finding new doctors for family and type 1. We’ve always loved the kids doctors, but ours … whew!
I’m sure I’m missing a few things here and there but overall, it’s been a blessed experience. I miss my friends from Atlanta the most. I also miss the culture in Atlanta. Atlanta’s atmosphere is definitely unmatched. I’m just happy, that since my mom lives there, it always gives me a great reason to go back and visit.
I do not have any regrets about moving to Tampa. We actually don’t live in “Tampa” but a smaller city right outside of it. We can get to Tampa in 15 minutes without getting on the highway. We can cruise out of Tampa and because it’s a city on the water, there are always amazing things we can do on the water. It’s a beautiful city with beautiful weather and I always feel like I’m living in a vacation. I love our neighborhood and we have great neighbors.
I look forward to seeing what the next five years have in store.