Crochet Braids With Marley Hair #ProtectiveStyle
Thanks to Tiffini, I saw the inspiration picture of Popit_4_Pumps on Instagram and immediately wanted this style. I have only had crochet braids once before, so I enlisted my natural hair guru bestie, Yolanda to help me out! She will try EVERYTHING on herself first before paying someone!! So she tried it and it turned out great. My response was,”I got next!”
This style looks like Bantu Knots, which made me love it even more. It’s actually Crochet Braids with Marley Hair! I know right!! How did she do it? Let’s take a step by step look along with the video shall we…
- Braid your hair: My is braided going backward, with three connections in the front. The connections are just in case I want to wear a bang or switch sides.
- Brush out the hair pattern: Marley Hair has a wave pattern that you can brush out before rolling it.
- Twist & Roll: Twist your hair first all the way to the end, then roll it upward in a spiral motion.
- Dip in Hot Water: Boil the water, take your time and dip each one for 15-20 seconds.
- Let it Dry: You can take the rollers out in 15 minutes. It will still be wet, but it will hair dry. I left mine in overnight because I did my hair late at night.
- Cut & Shape: After you take the rollers out, separate with your fingers and then cut it to frame your face. Or leave it long, it’s totally up to you.
So? What do you think? I am interested to see how long this will last. Have you ever did crochet braids before?