SIMPLE SUMMER SERIES #3 : BENEFITS OF BIKING W/ THE BABIES
Summer is in full effect and the kids love the outdoors. Last year my two oldest children learned to ride their bikes, and as you can guess, they want to ride them all the time.
I am thankful for a neighborhood with side walks. We can ride around our whole subdivision and I don’t have to worry about them riding in the street, unless I am with them. I did catch my son riding in the street, like he was grown one evening. That didn’t end well for him!
For Mother’s Day, my family bought me a bike! I was so excited and use it often. My children and I like to ride around our neighborhood together in the evening after dinner or early morning (weekends) before breakfast.
Here are a few benefits to bike riding with your children:
- Improve your fitness: bike riding tones the booty, thighs, tummy and reduces cellulite.
- Relationship: the interaction improves the bond with your children. We actually do talk and laugh a lot when we ride.
- Independence: Bike riding allows children to get to know their surroundings and feel apart of it.
- Weight Loss: bike riding raises your metabolic rate, helping you keep the weight off.
- Ageless: regular bike riders are as fit as an average person 10 years younger.
- School: teachers report that kids who walk or cycle to school are more alert and ready to learn vs. car riders.
What I recently learned about are Bike Clubs. My county has one, BikeCobb.org, which has different membership levels ranging from $15-$500. I am honestly probably not going to join a club, but it’s good to know if I ever wanted tips or to meet other families that ride, it’s a source for us.
Continue enjoying your summer…. and take some time to ride your bike.