Late last month, I was on Facebook (or Meta) in the Manifest it Sis! group and a friend wrote that she was about do a 28 day challenge with the book, The Magic, by Rhonda Byrne. I have read Rhonda’s book, the Secret but didn’t know about her book, The Magic. I was intrigued, so off to Amazon I went. This book has over 9,105 reviews with a 5 star rating. After reading review after review after review … I told Michelle I was in and we started the challenge November 1st.
The Magic is an interesting title. I had no idea (before reading this book) what the “Magic” was or how it worked. I soon learned that the Magic was “Gratitude”. That’s right, the magic is gratitude is and how do you activate it – by saying Thank you! Over the next 28 days, I would learn 28 different ways to show gratitude and why it’s important. I learned to say thank you for so many things that are easy to take for granted. I even wrote a letter saying thank you to someone/something that hurt me in the past (I didn’t send it but it was a great release).
The Law of Attraction
The magic shares about the law of attraction and constantly remind us that “like attract like” – whatever you think, whatever you feel, you attract to you. If you think about what you’re grateful for, “I had a great weekend with my son” and you sincerely feel the gratitude, the law of attraction says you must attract more of those things into your life. It works in the same way as metal being drawn to a magnet; your gratitude is magnetic, and the more gratitude you have, the more abundance your magnetize.
My Gratitude Blessings.
During this last 28 so many great things happened that … I’m just so grateful.
- Unexpected $600 bonus from the firm I work for.
- Thousands in donations for The Knighten Project.
- Featured on abc action news Tampa with The Knighten Project.
- Featured in Osprey Observer with The Knighten Project.
- Publix became our first corporate sponsor for The Knighten Project and included in gift cards in our suitcases.
- Featured in my firms Newsletter that resulted in more donations.
- Surpassed our suitcase goal for our holiday suitcase donation drive.
- Selected to facilitate a firmwide training at the firm I work with.
- Raising almost $1000 from the firm I work for.
- Doubled my stock trading my account. (then if I’m honest, made a bad trading decision and lost some money)
- I got a call from a major tv show I wrote too, nothing came from it (yet)- but grateful for the call.
- Finally hit 11k on IG
- Got a new manager that is going to be a great addition to our team.
- Free audible trial just in time to read/listen to Will Smith’s new book which came with great revelations
- Found a great new track team for my daughter that’s 15 minutes from my house.
- 2 Free tickets to a play at the Straz.
- 2 free tickets to the Junior League of Tampa event
- Health – the journey to stay healthy continues
- My marriage – getting better and better
- My children – staying happy and healthy
- Catching the black Friday deals I wanted
- Facebook approving The Knighten Project as an official non-profit and adding us to their charity database so now we can fundraise strickly from FB & IG
- My church surprising me with a $1000 check for The Knighten Project.
- The opportunity to be a charity of choice of another business/event that’s coming Feb 2022
- Guest on the Manifest it Sis podcast.
- Interviewed a cast member of BMF for my site (BernettaStyle)
- Featured on Black Enterprise for my Manifest Journal
And of course there were more things I was grateful for this month, but I can’t list them all. One of things that I do everyday because of the book is write down 10 things I’m grateful for and why. Then read them back and say Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. So, my gratitude book is full with so many things that I’m grateful past, present and future.