GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOLUME 2 REVIEW
Are you a fan? It’s not hard to become one after you see this movie.
I actually watched Volume 1 by accident. My children happened to be watching the movie and I noticed they were really into it. I decided to see what the fuss was about, and quickly got sucked into the storyline. Volume 1 introduces you to the most unlikely group of people that become family because of their circumstances.
In Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, they are still together but on a new mission. One thing I enjoyed is that I laughed the entire movie. Although, they are fighting for their lives majority of the movie, they do it with such a fun sense of humor.
In Volume 2, you also get a better emotional sense of who they are. There are parts where you privy to the characters being insecure, scared, and even in love.
One thing that was addressed was the chemistry between Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana but they didn’t go deeply into that storyline. I honestly think that it will be played up more in Volume 3. Yes, if you stay until the end of the movies and watch the credits – you will find out what’s coming next.
Quick, watch the trailer:
5 Things I Liked Best About Guardians of the Galaxy 2:
- The Gold People – there are a galaxy of people that are pure gold and its visually beautiful. It stinks because they think they are better than the world but I loved looking at them. Even their eyes were gold.
- The action – there is no shortage of action in this movie. It’s really a fighting movie from the beginning but their fighting different battles.
- The message – Chris Pratt’s character’s father (Kurt Russell) comes back into his life and apparently believes he’s a God. Well, without giving away the storyline, we learn that the only God is well, GOD!
- Friendship – throughout this movie, the Guardians fight each other as friends sometimes do. You know how you bicker with your bestie! Well, no matter what the disagreement was about, friendship always prevailed. Friends like that become family.
- Cameos – Two big surprise cameos made the audience gasp and then burst out in laughter: Knight Rider (David Hasselhoff) & Sylvester Stallone.
Do you need to see volume 1 to see volume 2? I don’t think so, but of course it’s always good to know the history of a story so I would watch it. Ultimately, this is a fun and entertaining movie. My husband and I caught it for our weekly date night outing.
A post shared by Bernetta Style (@bernettastyle) on May 2, 2017 at 6:54pm PDT
Will you check it out? Thoughts?