7 Step Video: How to do Pre-Dipped Crochet Braids with Marley Hair
If you are a naturalista, there is no way that you could not have heard about the Crochet Hair craze by now. Not everyone has it, but many are trying it.
If done correctly, crochet braids can/will look like your natural hair. It’s a great protective style that gives you a versatile look. One of my favorite looks is the crochet braids with Marley Hair. I’ve had it twice. The first time, my friend Yolanda installed them, then rolled the hair. I dipped.
The second time, I did everything. I took me allllllllllllllllll day to roll that hair and dip it! I am not exaggerating! So, I loved the look but knew it had to be an easier way.
Enter, pre-dipped marley hair! **The heavens opened up!*
I went to Youtube and watched a few videos and of course, I had to try it for myself.
I was able to do the process and it turned out NICE! Here are the steps:
1. Get all the tools; Marley Hair (not all hair is created equal. NOIR natural hair holds the curl for a very long time), a crochet tool (.99 cent), perm rollers (beauty supply).
2. Brush out your Marley hair. It has a natural hair pattern, but brush it out so the hair will be smooth when you roll it.
3. Roll the hair on the rollers. Twist it as you roll.
4. Boil water, then dip the hair in the water for a few minutes.
5. Remove the hair from the pot and let it dry. Some people leave it in over night, other’s a few minutes before taking the hair off the rollers. It dries rather quickly. (I left mine over night, but after removing a few – the were dry.)
6. Braid your hair into whatever pattern you need to get the achieved look.
7. Install the hair with the tool and style as desired. Whalaa!!
I even made a video —>
Do you think you will try pre-dipped crochet hair?