7 FUN TIPS FOR GREAT SUMMER SKIN
Disclosure: Post sponsored by Mirum Shopper but all opinions are my own.
Who doesn’t look forward to summertime? The season brings vacations, more time with your girls (for the moms), backyard bbq’s, and wearing as less clothes as possible (because its hot).
I’ve been living in Florida for 9 months now, so I moved here on the tail end of Summer. It was so hot those last few weeks of Summer, I can only imagine what the end of Spring and/or the beginning of Summer here has in store for me.
Living in Florida has allowed me to be more carefree in my wardrobe choices. Its feels warm every single day here, I like to call it “Vacation weather”, which gives me more opportunities to wear my cute dresses and jumpers. Over the last year, I’ve been wearing more strapless outfits, jumpers and dresses with spaghetti straps. This Summer will be no different. However, since I’ve been showing more skin, I’ve also been taking better care of my skin.
This 4th of July, I’m looking forward to my brother-in-law’s Big Backyard Bash. He known for throwing parties that never end . . .
- the food doesn’t end
- the drinks don’t end
- the fun doesn’t end … you get it
So, of course I want to be cute and carefree. In addition to wanting to look great, I want to feel great and that’s where my skincare come in. I believe that prevention is better than solution, so preparing my summertime skin in the springtime (& Winter too) is very important.
Here are some fun tips you can start doing today to get & maintain your summertime skin.
7 Fun Tips for Great Summer Skin:
- Take a cold shower. Hot showers in the summertime dry out your skin. A cool shower after a hot sweaty day allows your skin to absorb moisture better.
- Wear a wide hat. A baseball cap won’t protect your face as the sun comes from all angles. A big floppy hat is fashionable as well as full coverage.
- Eat your melons. Cantaloupe is the melon of choice for beautiful summer skin. I’ve heard this sweet delicious fruit is rich in antioxidants and delivers a unique hydration to the skin, resulting in a radiant complexion. Fruits likes watermelon in the summer months can actually boost your SPF by several factors.
- Go Natural. Make-up can clog our pores and feel heavy. It’s hot enough (at least here in FL) without anything extra weighing you down. This Summer, let your natural skin show. Add your favorite moisturizer and go!
- Keep skin hydrated. You can never have enough water. Well, I guess you can but most people don’t drink enough. What you put in your body (or don’t) shows on the outside. Drinking enough water for your body will show with a healthy glow on the outside.
- Sun screen is a must. I apply sunscreen all year long, but in the summer time when the sun is out the most – you can never have on too much. It’s best to apply it to your entire body before you get dressed. Bathing suits don’t always protect those covered up areas.
- Moisturize. Our skin needs moisture and I enjoy Vaseline Cocoa Radiant from Walmart. It’s 100% pure cocoa and Shea butters, along with Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, all in one bottle.
Summertime allows us the opportunity to bare our natural beauty. It could be in a bathing suit that we worked so hard at the gym to rock. It could be an amazing dress we want to wear to a graduation or friends wedding. No matter the occasion, I want my skin to look just as beautiful as whatever it is I am wearing.
I’ve been saying for years that I want to age gracefully and that just isn’t my face. I need to take care of my body the same way and that means making sure the products I use give me the desired results.
Vaseline Cocoa Radiant from Walmart really makes my skin soft and nurtured. I usually take my showers at night, so I apply my lotion soon after. When I wake up in the morning, my skin is still just so soft to touch.
I didn’t need to reapply it because my skin was still so moisturized. I’m confident in whatever I choose to wear that day, that my skin will look great in it.
Allow Vaseline Cocoa Radiant to be your summertime accessory.
Try it for yourself. Here are two great offers to take advantage of:
- 5/14 through 6/11 FSI (coupon in newspaper) – $2 off Core (includes Cocoa Radiant)
- 5/17 – 6/14 Ibotta Offer: Redeem $1.25 off purchase of 20.3 oz only
Over the years, I’ve always used the Vaseline brand, along with my family. I love that Vaseline Cocoa Radiant has cocoa and Shea butter. Two great ingredients that are good for your skin with added benefits.