This past Saturday night I experienced my first Mother Son Dance. It seems like I’ve been waiting his whole life for an experience like this. My son is apart of Gentlemen’s Quest, and they held their first Queen’s Ball which was SO Memorable for me for a few reasons:
- I’ve never been to a mother son dance (while the hubs & Bailee have been to countless father/daughter events)
- My son was excited to take me and had so many hidden surprises.
- Earl read a beautiful poem to me, he blessed the food for the room & he lead their dance performance (singing to ME) Boys to Men, Mama! Tears!! Really, I cried tears.
- All of the sons read their moms a poem too btw.
- We danced, ate good, laughed at the comedian and just made a beautiful memory.
Check out our IG video of my son and I getting ready
Gentlemen’s Quest of Tampa Inc. is dedicated to helping our program participants realize their full potential as students, make positive choices regarding their academics and behavior, and equip them with the skills necessary to become productive citizens after they graduate. To accomplish this mission, we host workshops and activities that will provide students with strategies to be successful in difficult situations. Students attend meetings that are structured and targeted. The academic and behavioral progress of the students are monitored regularly. Throughout this process, their intellectual, emotional, and relational capacity expands by providing key experiences that contribute to their developmental growth.
Here are a few pics and videos from the event. Get your tissues ready!
I promise Boys II Men song, Mama, will forever have a whole new meaning to me. I probably won’t be able to listen to that song without crying now. Have you ever been to a Mothers Son dance? How was your experience?