How often do you get the opportunity to enjoy Walt Disney World without your children? My husband and I were invited to experience Villains After Hours last Friday, and we didn’t hesitate to line up the in-laws to spend some extra time with their grandchildren.
We actually went to Villains After Hours last year, but two things were different this time around:
- Last year, we brought our children.
- This year we were invited to a full media event that actually explained what’s new this year.
What Happened First
Before we actually entered Magic Kingdom, we arrived around 6 pm for a media event at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. At this event, we were treated to an amazing meal and were given opportunities to learn what’s new this year for the event, what are the benefits of attending Villains After Hours, and interviews with key people that make things happen behind the scenes.
We got a first look at all of the food specially prepared, along with merchandise & entertainment.
Our Date Night Experience
After we finished dinner, we all chartered a bus and headed over to Magic Kingdom.
We really enjoyed running around Disney like two big kids! We started off at Space Mountain. I promise, that’s my last time riding it. Space Mountain is a roller coaster that is completely in the dark, and you have NO idea which way you are going. It’s scary, fast and …. wooosa! However, this is my husband favorite ride.
Marriage is compromise.
I needed a mental break after that ride so we headed to the front of the famous castle and danced (the DJ was on point) until the stage show started. The show brought out the Villains as they all wanted control of the world. It was full of dancing, fire and tricks.
After the show, we tried the Hades Dog. It was a hot dog with a black bun, chicken, melted cheese, celery and bacon bits. It looked interesting and it tasted interesting.
We enjoyed the rest of our evening walking around Disney and experiencing new things while we waiting for the parade.
Above all, the time went by fast but we got a lot of good memories in. Date night approved!
What is Villains After Hours?
Villains After Hours is a separately ticketed event. If you love the Villains of Disney movies, this is where they all come out to play. The event hours are from 9 pm to midnight, but you can come in as early at 7 pm. Also, they only sell a limited number of tickets, which is actually a good thing.
With the experience being limited, it gives you more time to enjoy more of the rides with less lines.
Highlights of Villains After Hours:
- Edgy entertainment featuring favorite villains
- Three hours of access to over 20 popular Magic Kingdom attractions and experiences with low wait times and thrilling villain-inspired surprises at Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain—all after the park closes
- Ice cream novelties, popcorn and select bottled beverages—all included with your event admission, available at cards stationed throughout the park
- Event-themed, limited merchandise plus a curated collection of Villains must-haves will be available for purchase
- Sinfully delicious villain-themed food and beverage offerings available for purchase (Source)
What’s new this year? The Villain’s Cursed Caravan will join Maleficent—the fire-breathing dragon—as she slinks her way through the park twice nightly.
Here are a few the Villains you’ll see that we love to hate, or hate to love:
- Oogie Boogie
- Cruella DeVil
- Captain Hook
Popular entertainment offerings will return, including:
- Villains Unite the Night, a stage show at Cinderella Castle starring Hades, Meg, The Queen, Maleficent, Jafar and other hilarious hoodlums
- Villain-inspired enhancements at Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain
- A dance party with a DJ spinning monstrous music in front of Cinderella Castle
- Themed photo opportunities throughout the park
- Malevolent music and frightful lighting, which set the tone for a gruesomely good time (Source)
Ice Cream, Popcorn & Select Beverages Included!
Your event admission includes ice cream novelties, popcorn and select bottled beverages, available at carts stationed throughout the park.
- Tickets Purchased in Advance: $145 per person, plus tax
- Same-Day Ticket: $155 per person, plus tax
- Annual Passholder or Disney Vacation Club Member Ticket: $115 per person, plus tax
Disney Villains After Hours takes place from 9:00 PM to 12:00 AM on the following dates:
- Friday, February 7, 2020
- Friday, February 21, 2020
- Friday, March 6, 2020
Disney Villains After Hours takes place from 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM on the following dates:
- Friday, February 14, 2020
- Friday, February 28, 2020
- Wednesday, March 11, 2020
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020
- Friday, March 27, 2020
- Friday, April 3, 2020
- Friday, April 10, 2020
- Friday, April 17, 2020
- Friday, April 24, 2020
- Friday, May 1, 2020
- Friday, May 8, 2020
- Thursday, May 14, 2020
- Friday, May 22, 2020
- Friday, May 29, 2020
- Friday, June 5, 2020
- Friday, June 12, 2020
- Friday, June 19, 2020
- Friday, June 26, 2020
- Monday, June 29, 2020
- Monday, July 6, 2020
- Friday, July 10, 2020
If you like Disney and want all the fun, without the lines with a few great perks, try Villains After Hours.