Disney is known for having events after the parks close to give park goers a different experience. We’ve been blessed to experience quite a few of those events:
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas
- Toy Story | Disney After Hours event
- Disney’s H2O Glow
Last week was a first for us as we attended Disney Villains After Hours.
What is Disney Villains After Hours
Disney Villains After Hours is a specially ticketed event that invites a limited number of guests to experience the park for an additional three hours after it closes. Yes, you will be at Disney World until 1am.
We experienced all the wicked fun of this special event, including specialty food & beverage and the new “Villains Unite the Night” stage show, featuring Hades, Meg, Jafar, Dr. Facilier, The Queen and Maleficent. We were also caught off guard when a certain fire-breathing dragon came roaming through the middle of Magic Kingdom.
- Disney Villains After Hours occurs on select nights from June 6 to Aug. 8 and requires special admission.
- Annual Pass-holders and Disney Vacation Club Members receive a $30 discount on event admission.
- Admission opens at 7 p.m. with the event beginning at 10 p.m. and ending at 1 a.m.
- Ice cream novelties, popcorn and select bottled beverages are included in the price of admission.
- Villain character greetings are not part of this event.
What makes #VillainsAfterHours Different
If you’ve never been to an after hours event, I would suggest if you’re ever in Orlando get a ticket. Here are a few reasons why we love going at night.
- Weather -Florida is HOT! During the day, especially in the summer time it feels unbearable. Night time brings a nice comfortable breeze which allows you to enjoy the park. You don’t feel rushed or drained, especially if you take advantage of the early hour accommodations.
- Fireworks – If you come early (around 7pm), you can still the final firework show around 9:30pm right before the after hours activities start. It’s the perfect way to start the evening.
- A Brand-New Disney Villains Stage Show – Hades and Meg from “Hercules” will set the castle stage ablaze in this all-new stage show, Villains Unite the Night, which will also feature appearances by Jafar, The Queen, Dr. Facilier and Maleficent.
- Specially made food and drinks – A variety of special food & beverage offerings will also be available for purchase, including tasty desserts, drinks and dishes inspired by The Queen, Cruella de Vil, Maleficent, Hades, Dr. Facilier and even Emperor Zurg.
- Spot Maleficent the Dragon – Maleficent the Dragon, with her Steampunk style and signature wicked grin, will be let loose for the first time at night – breathing fire as she creeps through the park as a one-of-a-kind experience for party guests.
- Short lines! Let me say it again, SHORT LINES! We were able to ride rides back to back because the lines were so short. You didn’t need a fast pass.
Disney Villains After Hours tickets cost $139 plus tax in advance, $144 plus tax on the event night.
Here are the event dates for Disney Villains After Hours:
- Thursday, June 6, 2019
- Thursday, June 13, 2019
- Thursday, June 20, 2019
- Thursday, June 27, 2019
- Monday, July 1, 2019
- Thursday, July 11, 2019
- Thursday, July 18, 2019
- Thursday, July 25, 2019
- Thursday, August 1, 2019
- Thursday, August 8, 2019
Have you been to Villains After Dark or any other Disney After Hours event? I’d love to hear your experience and what your favorite part of the night.
Check out my IG highlights on my IG Page – Look under Disney Villains.