Doing laundry is really not my thing anymore. Seriously, my husband has been in charge of the laundry in our home for the last seven years. THANK YA GOD!
When I was pregnant my husband wanted to take something off of my plate and told me he would start doing the laundry. Now 7 years later, he is still doing it. I have no complaints!
What is The Refillery?
Bring your own containers (or purchase an empty container with them) and refill your laundry detergents, household cleaners, shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen and more.
Products & Brands available for refill:
- Molly’s Suds Delicate Laundry Liquid (for sweaters, swim and other delicates)
- Molly’s Suds Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Molly’s Suds Oxygen Whitener
- Molly’s Suds Powdered Laundry Detergent (Peppermint and Unscented)
- Molly’s Suds Sink Scrub (Citrus, Beach, and Lavender)
- Stream2Sea Sunscreen 20SPF
- Stream2Sea Tinted Sunscreen 30SPF
- Stream2Sea Conditioning Shampoo & Bodywash
- Stream2Sea Leave-In Conditioner
- Castile Soap – Unscented, Lavender, and Tea Tree
- Baby & Kid Body Wash
- Unscented Shower Gel
- Carina Organics Shampoo, Conditioner, Leave-In Conditioner, and Hair Spray
- Lufka Lotions, Scrubs, Toothpaste, and Soaps
- Dish detergent pods (lemon)
- and more!
We were given a tour by the owner & creator of Molly’s Suds/The Refillery, Monica Leonard, as she shared her story of how Molly’s Suds was created.
Molly’s Suds was started in 2008 by Monica, a pediatric nurse & mother of four, inspired by the loss of her stillborn daughter, Molly. During her research, she learned:
In the United States alone 80,000 chemicals were approved for use by the TSCA (Toxic Substances Control Act) and yet only 200 of the toxins were tested for human safety. Each year the list of chemicals change. Furthermore, a report by the US Department of Health and Human Services proves that mothers pass chemicals to their babies via pregnancy and breast milk. Newborn baby cord blood and amniotic fluid had multiple non-natural toxins detected in it! Traces of nearly 300 of the chemicals were from toxins in food, personal care, environmental and household products. She knew right then, they had a responsibility to teach others about these toxins, and to make a difference. Source.
With the refillery, you will have access to many non-toxic items for your home that you use everyday. Just bring your jar and refill what you need at an affordable cost that will keep you coming back. We live one hour from the refillery, but agreed that it’s worth the drive to come and stock up on these items.
More Cool Things About The Refillery:
They also other eco-friendly brands they carry:
- Balm Baby
- Brush with Bamboo (Bamboo Straws)
- Elevated by Taylors
- KOOSHOO Organic Hair Ties (without plastic)
- LunchSkins Reusable Sandwich Bags
- Molly’s Suds – Wool Dryer Balls, Glass Spray Bottles, Stain Brush
- Strawesome Glass Straws
- and more!
Visit their DIY Bar where you can purchase the following products by the ounce/mL to create your favorite DIY recipes:
- Epsom Salt
- Bath Salt
- Himalayan Bath Salt
- Citric Acid
- Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda)
- Activated Charcoal
- Bentonite Clay
- Witch Hazel
- Aloe Vera Liquid
- Dried Flowers
- and more!
Their GRAND OPENING is Earth Day, April 22nd!
Go forth and REFILL with amazing non-toxic items for your home and body!
Check out more about the Refillery here: