Do you remember the first time you went to Walt Disney World?
My husband actually took me to Walt Disney World for our first Valentine’s Day as husband and wife. We visited Magic Kingdom & Hollywood Studios. I felt like a big kid then, and I felt like a big kid this past Friday night when we visited Hollywood Studios again 15 years later #kidfree.
(These are pictures from our first time at Walt Disney World & Hollywood Studios)
Although over the last few years, we’ve visited Disney World (Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot) – every single time our children were with us, of course!
A few weeks ago, I received an email invite to #DisneyAfterHours and thought it was the perfect opportunity for us to leave the kids at home.
What is #DisneyAfterHours?
What’s different about Disney After Hours is that it gives a limited number of Guests access to unforgettable experiences on select nights through April 2019. The purpose is to keep the crowds light so you can enjoy every aspect of the park without long lines or major wait times.
Disney After Hours starts at 8:30 pm – 11:30 pm, but you are welcome to come as early as 7 pm. So that’s 3, maybe 4 hours that you have to enjoy 3 of the 4 Walt Disney Parks:
- Magic Kingdom
- Animal Kingdom
- Hollywood Studios
Ride exciting attractions, meet your favorite characters and play BIG at Toy Story Land! You’ll enjoy little-to-no-wait times at*:
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Toy Story Mania!
- Twilight Zone Tower of TerrorTM
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Character Greetings with Toy Story Land Pals, Mickey, Minnie and Olaf
3 Reasons I Enjoyed #DisneyAfterDark
1. No lines & Mickey! You didn’t need a fast pass because there were no major lines for rides. You could walk right on and ride multiple times. We also got to take pictures with Mickey and Minnie with ease.
2. Free popcorn & ice cream. Yes, there are stations all around the park with treats for you. You get popcorn, ice cream, fruit bars, and assorted drinks. There are some restaurants open, but those come with a cost.
3. Great for Date Night. With only 3 hours to enjoy #DisneyAfterDark, it was perfect for me and my husband. We have three children, so it was great to be able to move around and not worry where the kids are. It was perfect for us to experience so much of Disney in the given time frame.
My Date Night!
When we arrived and walked through the gates, I immediately felt the nostalgia that is Disney. Hollywood Studios was decorated with beautiful Christmas decorations.
The night was clear and the weather was perfect. All we needed was a light jacket. We rode every ride we could, a few of them twice. I finally got to experience Toy Story Land. I’ve seen videos and pictures, but it’s amazing in person. It really makes you feel like a kid again.
Don’t let the name Slinky Dog or the fact that this roller coaster seems to be a kid ride! It’s FAST. At least it was for me. I screamed quite a few times, but my husband said I was overdoing it. However, he wanted to ride it again. I did not.
There were literally no lines for the majority of the rides. We walked right on most of the time. How many times have we been to Disney and had to leave without experiencing everything because there are just so many people?
What would Christmas be like without snow?
If you walk near the Tower of Terror, you will see and feel snow falling. It’s beautiful, especially if you live in Florida and have never seen snow. You get the winter experience without the frigid temps. However, I’m from Chicago so I don’t miss it at all.
The shops are open too! The bows always draw me in! Always!
Disney After Hours will run for a limited time and cost $125. You can get more information HERE. Check out #DisneyAfterHours online for all of the fun others are having on their date night!