Whenever Disney celebrates something, they are going to make sure you enjoy your experience with it. When you think of Halloween, spooky and scary things quickly come to mind. Disney makes Halloween fun and you guessed it, not so scary!
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is a special ticketed event that starts in August and ends in October (sometimes November depending on the date). In addition to special surprises that are only for this event, you still get to experience the fireworks, 2 parades and a dance party.
My family has been blessed to attend this event over the last few years and one thing I’ve noticed is that each year more people attend this event. It’s almost like the cat is out of the bag! More people attend with creative costumes and ready for candy and roller coasters.
I love the decor. I could walk around the park and just look at the amazing way the Walt Disney World team transforms the park all day. They do a great job in creating a magical experience no matter what season it is.
Here are 5 reasons why we keep coming back to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party:
Candy – Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween gives away so much candy, we actually spread it out over a year. Throughout the park, there are 16 locations to trick-or-treat. It’s actually fun to scout out the candy locations to fill our bags with candy! They have large balloons to let you know you’re in the right place.
Coasters – It’s not a Walt Disney experience if you don’t ride Space Mountain. This year, the lights are OUT during the ride. The red and blue tunnels turn pitch-black (along with all lighting effects) providing an exciting, new ride experience! The crowds are smaller during these events so the lines move quicker, which is always a good thing. You’re actually able to ride roller coasters back to back. This works out great for my children.
Costumes – Although wearing a costumer to the park is not required, it sure makes it more fun. It reminds me of when we go to Miami and people watch. It’s so cool to sit back and watch families come to the park as an entire Disney movie. Everyone gets into character. Unfortunately, we didn’t dress up this time. I didn’t have time to prepare costumes for 5 people after work, and I’m not 100% sure my husband or my teenager would have gone along with the idea.
Characters – Who do you want to see at Disney World? Mickey Mouse? Minne Mouse? Of course, you do! The beauty about Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is that they have characters positioned throughout the park to take pictures with you, dressed up in their Not So Scary best.
Crowds – Planning is important when you go to Disney World because you always have to be ready for a lot of people. Although the MNNSSHP is very popular, the crowd is lighter than the daytime crowd which allows you to move around the park faster. This big benefit gives you time to experience more rides, get more candy, see more characters, and of course, make more memories.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2018 Dates:
- August 17, 24, 28, 31
- September 3, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30
- October 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets start at $70 for children age 3 to 9 ($74.55 with tax) or $75 for those over 10 ($79.88 with tax).
The event goes from 7p – midnight, but you can unofficially come in at 4 pm (shhhhhhh!)
Here are some highlights of the MNSSHP:
- The Mad Tea Party has added a different soundtrack, lights, and spooky smoke effects
- Pirates of the Caribbean have added some live characters.
- Haunted Mansion with engaged characters
- Disney Junior dance party in Storybook Circus
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Costume Guidelines:
- Disney may deny admission to anyone or remove anyone who is wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or could detract from other guests’ experiences.
- Guests may dress as their favorite characters, but cannot pose for pictures or sign autographs.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and not obstructive, offensive, violent or objectionable.
- Costumes must not contain weapons that resemble or could be mistaken for real weapons.
- Costumes may not contain sharp or pointed objects or materials that might strike another guest.
- Guests who do not abide by the guidelines may be refused entry or removed unless their costumes can be modified to acceptable standards.
Show Times for Key Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 2018 Entertainment:
- Mickey’s “Boo-To-You” Halloween Parade – 9:15 p.m., 11:15 p.m.
- Happy HalloWishes Fireworks – 10:15 p.m.
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular – 8:30 p.m., 10:45 p.m., 12 a.m.
If you’re in Florida during these dates and time, I promise your family will have a great time. Your kids will get their trick or treat fix and you get memories that will last a lifetime.