Busch Gardens is a unique family experience. It’s unique because to me, it’s a cross between a zoo and an amusement park.
As you walk through the park, you see different animals with amazing rides:
In addition to attractions and animals, there are amazing gardens that resemble a botanical garden feature.
A few Sunday’s ago my family spent the entire day at Busch Gardens.
We really enjoyed our time there and our children had a ball. Here’s a quick video of our experience:
Food and Wine Festival
If you make it to Busch Gardens before April 30th, you will get to experience the Food & Wine Festival.
Marvel at larger-than-life topiaries that capture the excitement of spring throughout Busch Gardens®. Each horticulture masterpiece is a living work of art, including:
- NEW! Darwin the Orangutan in Bird Gardens, near Kangaloom plaza
- Spirit of Spring in Bird Gardens, near Xcursions
- Mugambi the Lion at the park entrance, near the main tram stop
- Topiarazzi in front of gate plaza
- Kanburi Pit Viper in Gwazi Plaza
- Octopus’ Garden in the lagoon outside Garden Gate Cafe
- Commerson’s Dolphin outside Garden Gate Cafe
- Sea Turtles outside Garden Gate Cafe
- Elmo, Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch on the Bird Gardens walkway
- Wooloomooloo and Coogee Kangaroo and Joey in Gwazi Plaza
- Butterfly Giants in Bird Gardens, near Sesame Street® Safari of Fun
The Busch Gardens Food & Wine Festival takes place for an extended nine weekends, starting Saturday, March 4 and runs through Sunday, April 30. The event is included with any Annual Pass, Fun Card or daily admission to the park. Food and beverage is not included with park admission and is available for an extra fee. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages.
13 FOOD CABINS – 65+ FINE WINES – 70+ CRAFT BREWS
We didn’t take part of the Food & Wine Festival because we had our children with us. However, we still enjoyed our day and made sure each child was able to have a blast.
There is a children’s area where my 4 year old could just run and play:
There are some great attractions and shows that will add to the fun!
ROLLER COASTERS & RIDES
The day was great for us because we only had to drive about 20 minutes. We’ve now been in Florida for about 8 months and our first family visit to Busch Garden as Floridians was a success. We are definitely considering getting season passes.
If you don’t live in Florida, it’s worth a visit to Tampa!