*This post is sponsored by Minted, but my thoughts are 100% my own.
I have a love hate relationship with the holidays. I love the time I get to spend with my family making memories. I hate that I do not have the gift of decor to make it look festive or memorable.
Decor is just not my talent, even when it’s not a holiday season. My house is clean & neat, but beautifully decorated – it is not.
It’s honestly a goal to get my decorative life together in 2017.
What helps me out the most, is having friends who have gorgeous homes. They are always willing to share tips with me.
3 Ways You Can Start Decorating When it’s not Your Talent:
- Figure out what room you want to decorate first and start. When I look at my whole house, its easy to get overwhelmed. Therefore, I started small. The first space I would love to transform is the kitchen. It’s where we spend most of our time because … well, food! I believe I could spend all day in a well decorated kitchen.
- Go online for inspiration. Sites like Minted have beautiful pieces that fit into my lifestyle. Before I do any kind of project, I love to look at images online first. Minted not only has great home decor products, they show them in the actual element so I knew right away how it would look in my house.
- Order a few pieces & make the space your own. I ordered a shelf that allows me to hang art work and change it out periodically. My pre-schooler brings home new art work every day, so now I can add his favorite piece to the wall whenever I want. I also bought the art work, Work Hard and & Be Nice. We teach our kids to do this, and having this picture hanging in our kitchen area is a constant positive reminder.
Before you think this is looks funny . . . my daughter put those bears on top of my new shelf. She says it represents her two brothers with her in the middle. I’ve decided to leave it alone. My kids live here and if they want a say in the decor, I’m fine with that!
These shelves come in 2, 3, or 4 feet and 4 different wood grains. I love them! I wish I could have gotten them all.
Once you’ve selected the room you want to start with, get some online inspiration and buy a few pieces to see how they look – that hard part is done. Now, I have to take my time and start a new room!
For the Home, Minted offers:
- Home Decor
- Party Decor
- Holiday Decor
In addition to offering holiday decor, Minted has a great selection of Holiday Cards. The selection ranges from:
- Photo Cards
- New Years Cards
- Photo Stamps
- Baby Announcements
- Luxury Holiday Cards & More
More Than Decor ….
My daughter and I are starting a new business soon. When I learned that Minted offered business cards, I ordered us a few. When my daughter came home from school, I put one in her hand and I heard the biggest squeal. She loves her cards and always ask, “Mommy, can I pass them out today?”
She’s very proud of her new business and her business cards are her way of representing Bailee’s Nail Box.
Over the past few months, I’ve learned that Minted has your lifestyle covered. I feel like a better decorator and my daughter is representing her business like a young boss!
Check out all of Minted deals online. www.Minted.com
Please check out what my Fab Five Bloggers Sisters are sharing about their experience with minted:
- Lashawn: Simple Holiday Decor Ideas with Minted
- MJ: A Holiday Table Setting with Minted
- Kita: How to Decorate When You Can’t Decorate