Image source: Disney
I love surprises. I love getting surprised (if it’s a good one of course) & I love surprising people. The reactions are priceless.
This Friday, I surprised my two oldest children with an evening at Disney World. We didn’t tell them until we pulled up and they saw the famous Magic Kingdom entryway.
It was a very cool moment that I tried to capture on camera, but it didn’t work out. They screamed and both couldn’t believe that is what we were doing on our Friday Night.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
As we approached the gate, we noticed that many people were dressed in costumes. It was hilarious. There we so many cool costumes & people went all in with their creativity.
The event started at 7pm and goes to around 1am. It’s called not-so-scary Halloween because it allows children of every age to enjoy the event. The decor resembles a cross between Thanksgiving and Halloween which is enjoyable and festive.
Here are 5 Things Your Children (& You) Will Enjoy:
- Candy – It’s everywhere. There are “treat” balloons all over the park. When you see a balloon, you can get a handful of candy. If you want more, just get back in line. My children got enough candy for a few Halloweens. I told them that they are not going trick or treating this year. Disney took care of that.
- Rides – The lines for the rides were non-existent. We basically walked on to Space Mountain with no line. Oh! I am not getting on that again. I screamed the entire time. They didn’t allow for fast passes because the crowd was light. We were able to go from ride to ride with ease. The kids loved that!
- HalloWishes Fireworks – Who doesn’t love a good firework show? They do the firework display 2 times that evening, so if you miss the first one – you can catch the second one. They light up the sky with Halloween colors too!
- Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade – Have you ever been to a Disney Parade? It’s magical. The parade is a great display of Disney’s Villains singing and dancing. Show times 8:30pm & 11:15pm
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular – this is a stage show directly in front of the castle! Get there early because it’s a show stopper! Times are 9:15pm & 10:40pm
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party requires a separate ticket (a party specific ticket) that can be purchased here and is available for the following dates.
- September – 2, 8, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 29, 30
- October – 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30, 31
Have you ever been to this event before? How did your kids like it? What was your favorite part? I knooooowwww, the candy!!