“This post was sponsored by Starbucks as part of an Influencer Activation. I received compensation and complimentary products to facilitate my review.”
“Beeeeeeep! Beeeeeep! Beee..” it’s 6:15am and my alarm is going off.
Honestly, many people may think, “Let me start my coffee!”. Well, I’m quite the opposite. When my alarm goes off, I lay there for 15 minutes actually trying to wake up.
I get my children out of the bed at 6:30 for school, with the goal of leaving out of the house at 7am sharp. I don’t eat or drink anything until I come back home.
Upon arriving home, I like to make me a spinach, mushroom & onion omelet & bowl of oatmeal. I also make me a cup of tea. Yesssss, a nice hot cup of tea and sit at my fancy dining room table and have a breakfast date with myself.
Honestly, it’s the perfect alone time unless my 3 year old is still at home because he will then crawl on my lap and eat my omelet! It never fails.
One thing I love about tea is that is has many health benefits. It makes me feel warm inside in addition to giving my body a treat.
A few years ago, my cousin introduced to me Chai Tea. She explained how good it was for me, but I tried it in the frappachino form and I quickly became a fan.
What is Chai Tea? It’s a part sweet & spicy black tea blend that originated 5,000 ago years with a historic Indian background.
Recently, I had the opportunity to try the new TAZO® Chai Latte K-Cup® pods specially designed for the Keurig®. Ooohhmmmmggg! It was very good. (Hit play below to see the cool presentation)
What makes the TAZO® Chai Latte K-Cup® pods different is that it’s a two part process. I tried the TAZO® Vanilla Chai Tea Latte.
- Step 1: You add the TAZO® Chai Latte power to your tea mug.
- Step 2: Add TAZO® Chai Latte K-Cup® pods.
- Step 3: Hit Brew.
- Step 4: Mix the two with your spoon & drink.
I didn’t add any honey, additional sugar, milk or sweetener. I just drank it hot. It’s actually a combination of sweet and spicy.
It’s 4 main spices that give you the exotic taste with benefits.
- Sweet Cinnamon – can lower blood sugar levels, reduce heart disease risk factors, and has a ton of other impressive health benefits.
- Fragrant Cardamom – this spice originated in India with health benefits that include gastrointestinal protection, cholesterol control, control of cancer, relief from cardiovascular issues, and the improvement of blood circulation in the body.
- Spicy Ginger – is known for relieving digestive problems such as nausea, loss of appetite, motion sickness and pain in addition to powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Black Tea – made from a shrub called Camellia Sinesis, it helps with oral & heart health, healthy bones, cancer prevention, stress relief, better immune system & more.
When you brew the Chai tea, the look reminds me of a hot chocolate because it looks creamy & thick. The taste will quickly open up your senses and take you on a soothing journey.
Padma Lakshmi, New York Times Bestselling author and host has partnered with TAZO to celebrate the release of the new K-Cup® pods. Teas and chai are apart of Padma’s heritage so creating recipes for a perfect cup of chai came easy to her. Check out her recipes here: TAZO.com/chai/pairings. I’d like to personally try the Sugar & Cinnamon Chips!
I love that the Keurig® brewer makes it easy to have the best cup of tea every morning. There’s no more boiling water or putting my mug in the microwave for 2 minutes. I just hit brew, so when my omelet & oatmeal are done, so is my new TAZO® Chai Latte.
Seriously, you have to try it! Seriously.
Follow along on social media to see what fans are saying & share your experience about TAZO® Chai Latte K-Cup® pods
TAZO® Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TAZO
TAZO® Twitter: https://twitter.com/TAZO
TAZO® Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/tazotea/
TAZO® Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tazo/
LashawnMay 23, 2016 at 12:51 pm
I love chai . In fact, before I started drinking so much coffee, I drank chai almost everyday. Now, i drink a dirty chai ( with one shot of expresso)
BernettaMay 23, 2016 at 7:04 pm
Ooooh were, a dirty chai huh!! I’d like to try that!
DaphneMay 24, 2016 at 10:17 pm
Chai tea does smell so delicious. It is actually one of my husband’s faves.
BernettaMay 26, 2016 at 8:12 am
It does smell good and taste good! I have a new favorite over here!