I’ve never belonged to a gym before! I recently got my first trainer in January and I love it, even though I make him upset because I stop in the middle of my squats sometimes!
My trainer owns a fitness studio and it gets the job done for my husband and I. However, when I start thinking about my entire family working out, I need a little more to offer.
Up until a few weeks ago, I had never heard of Life Time Fitness. I was invited to experience their gym and to tour the facility. I accepted the invitation without knowing that I would leave and still be talking about this gym days later.
Here are 5 reasons, Life Time Fitness Could be My Family Gym:
1. The facility is huge. My husband has never been in one but saw a location and couldn’t get over how big it was just from the outside. I explained that it’s massive. They have left no stone unturned when it comes to fitness, relaxation, recreation, family & fun. When you have a facility this big, it’s a given that you can spend hours there because it’s always something to do.
2. Kids can Have a Physical Trainer. Yes, you read that right! If you are a member, your children can work with a physical trainer to meet goals, stay in shape, or get in shape. A trainer can also perfect what we think we already know; form, quantity & types of exercise for our bodies. Children will be able to start young, understanding the benefit of exercise while learning how to do them correctly.
3. Facials, Massages & a Blow Dry. I was so lucky last week, because I got a 30 minute facial that left me feeling soft, clear, and rejuvenated. The esthetician walked me through the facial steps and explained what’s going on with my skin. Thankfully, she says I am doing all the right things. Also, if you get a spa service at Lifetime Fitness you can use the entire facility for free that day! You don’t have to be a member.
4. Clean Eating. The Life Time Fitness cafe cooks their food FRESH everyday. I love their food philosophy, “You’ll find only real, wholesome ingredients.” They offer wild caught fish, gluten free, smoothies & shakes, cage free eggs and more! The life cafe is free of:
- Artificial Colors
- Artificial Preservatives
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Trans Fats
- Bleached Flour
5. Variety of offerings. Life Time Fitness has so many programs that you could never be bored. I like that their programs cater to different types of lifestyles, so people aren’t left out.
- Group Fitness
- Lifetime Kids Program
- Weight loss
- My Health Score
I was able to experience Life Time Fitness in Alpharetta, GA which is honestly a tad bit too far for me to go work out daily. I learned that they have 5 locations in the GA:
- Johns Creek
- Peachtree Corners
On my visit, I toured the facility and endured not one but two workout classes. The first class was a 25 minute (normally 60 minutes) class that included small weights, a bar and a ball. We didn’t move a lot (meaning a wide range) but somehow we still ended up sore! It’s a good sore.
We followed up with a 15 minute 3 circuit workout with a physical trainer. This workout had us sweating so hard, we felt we earned the massage that followed.
Life Time Fitness believes their members are family and work hard to make sure you feel that way. They meet with you when you join to make sure they can help you meet your fitness goals.
If you’re in Atlanta, please go check out a location. Life Time Fitness is nationwide, so check the website for a location in your city.