How many of you take your marriage for granted?
Do you even know what taking your marriage for granted looks like?
Ask yourself these 3 questions:
- Do you assume your spouse will always be there just because you’re married?
- Do you lack emotion on special holidays like Valentine’s Day or Birthdays for your spouse? Has it become just another day?
- Do you make plans with your friends (Girls/Boys Night Out) more than you have Date Nights with your spouse?
My husband told me last week, “I want to make our marriage great! I want to keep working on my marriage.” I was actually speechless and understood that he was telling me I wasn’t doing my part in this marriage.
It honestly made me love him more.
He wants to make our marriage better, while I have been basically taking him for granted. Here I am thinking we are “GOOD”. Here he is saying, “Babe, I want the best marriage ever, with you!”
Then I get an email from him…
It was a relationship challenge. A 30 day challenge.
Here are 5 Types of Relationship Challenges for Marriages that You Can Start NOW:
- From Carpools to Cocktails | 50 Date Challenge The object is to do 50 dates in 2016. If you break it down, it’s 4 dates a month! It’s very doable if you plan properly and take turns planning out the dates. Use the hashtag #C2C50dates to join in and see other couples who are “dating again”.
- Popsugar | 30 Day Relationship Challenge This was the challenge my husband emailed me. It’s a fun challenge that you don’t have to do in order, but just do it. You can be together 10 years or 10 months, its just great to get the romance juices flowing again. My husband started it out by writing a note to me and placing it in my computer.
- iMom | 15 Challenges to a Stronger Marriage Each week these challenges taken from the book, The Surprising Way to a Stronger Marriage, will challenge you to look at your self as you go through your marriage.
- The Agape | 10 Day Physical Touch Challenge This is a fun simple challenge that allows you to use the Love Language of touch. It brings the intimacy back in such subtle ways.
- SheKnows | 50 Friday Marriage Challenge This is actually a book where the central theme is to open the communication again in your marriage. Each chapter will center around a question specifically designed to spark meaningful & honest conversation.
These are all great challenges that can make your marriage stronger, more romantic & intimate. You just have to do the work. You don’t have to start on the 1st, 15th or 30th. Start today!
You can’t say I do and expect that every day will be like your wedding day. You have to work at your marriage, just like you work at everything worth having in your life.
Which challenge will you try first?