I have a trainer now. I love saying that. benefits of having a coach
I have a trainer.
I’ve always worked out. Always. I started running track in the 4th grade through my senior year. Those years as a track star (in my mind) taught me the importance of exercise, which is why umpteen years later I still do it.
Running track also taught me discipline & respect for authority. Now, of course my mom taught me how to respect authority but I am talking about respecting the authority of the position. I really respected my track coach and even had a healthy fear of him.
I respected that he knew more than I did about track and trusted him when he pushed me past my comfort level. While being coached by him, I became a better athlete, team player and a track champion.
Fast forward to 2016. I have a new coach.
After high school, I’ve never really had someone to push me like Coach Finny. Not in track or my professional career. I’ve had great friends that have motivated me, but nothing like a real mentor or actual coach.
I’ve always wanted both (mentor & trainer). Like I mentioned before, I work out on my own but I really believed a trainer could take me to the next level.
Coaches are more than …
Last year, I realized that I also wanted a business coach for 2016. I want to go to the next level professionally and I think a coach could help me but I couldn’t justify how and why.
After spending almost 1 month with my trainer & doing tons of research before I select a business coach for myself, I found too many Aha’s as to why people could benefit from any type of coach.
A coach is just not for athletes or our children’s after school activities. A coach can be used for any area of our lives. Many successful people that we look up to in society have mentors, personal and professional coaches. You don’t think Oprah, Steve Harvey or Bill Gates have a coach? They do.
Coaches can help you in many areas:
10 Benefits to Having a Coach for any Area of Your Life:
1. Motivation. A coach can motivate you past your own level of self motivation. They can push you beyond your self imposed limits.
2. Education. A coach is trained in the area you are trying to be the best in. Take advantage of their experience and let them help you go to the next level.
3. Accountability. A coach can and should hold you accountable for doing everything you said you would do in a certain time frame. You will produce greater results than you would normally do on your own.
4. Focus. A great coach will help you narrow down your goals and get specific on a game plan just for you.
5. Resources. A good coach has the major tools you need to go to the next level. They have the books, classes, challenges, etc. They should bring their full bag of tricks to the table.
6. Challenge. A coach can challenge you past your comfort level. They ask powerful questions that focus on what is really important and why.
7. A Different Perspective. We usually see things from our own perspective, but a coach sees the entire view. They can see where you are trying to go and know a more effective way to get there. They are not as emotionally tied to our success as we are, giving them a wider perspective.
8. Faster Results. We can all google, read and take classes but a coach cuts out the middle man. He could prevent you from being involved in things that are a waste of time. You could still reach your goals, but doing it alone could take longer because of the roads you might have to travel. A coach could cut out the clutter of internet, or books & magazines and point you in the quickest direction to your dreams.
One example is a GPS: When you leave your house and don’t know where you are going, you can easily ask people for directions as you drive (or guess). Or you can simply use your GPS. Eventually, you will get to your destination, but with the GPS you will get there faster!
9. Saves You Money. It might be expensive to hire a coach upfront, but you will make your money back in the long run. With all the benefits that the coach bring to the table that are mentioned above, it will make you more effective, efficient and highly productive.
10. Boost Self Confidence. Once you’ve experienced everything mentioned above, you can’t help but know that you are a badass (Thanks Shonda Rhimes!) When you see how a little extra work and tweaking to your current work methods can change your entire business, your confidence will be through the roof.
Do you have a professional coach, trainer or mentor in your life? How did you find them? How have things changed for you? Was it worth it?