I received compensation for this post, but my experience is 100% my own.
Being sick is a major inconvenience! I mean literally, who has the time these days to get sick?
When you feel something coming on, there are so many factors or thoughts you choose from on how you’re going to get better.
- Am I going to call my doctor?
- Am I going to self diagnose by researching online?
- Am I going to wait out these symptoms and eventually get better?
- Am I just going to put my symptoms on FB and hopefully my friends can tell me what’s wrong?
It’s not that you don’t want to get better, but when you think of the hassle & hoops you go through for a sick visit. You’d rather just skip it:
- You can only see a doctor when he/she has openings
- You wait 30 minutes in the lobby before you’re called.
- Spend way to much $$ on a sick visit.
- You wait another 30 minutes in the room after you’re called.
- Depending on your insurance, the doctors spends 5-10 minutes with you, only to have your prescription delivered to the pharmacy.
- Now you have an extra trip to the pharmacy & you’re still not feeling great.
The only reason I dread going to the doctor, is the all the time I spend getting there and waiting on the doctor. It would be great if, when I needed a doctor – I could just call or even FaceTime!
Wait … I can!
Today, I experienced AMWELL.
Amwell, created by doctors, is the nation’s largest tele health company, connecting users with board-certified, licensed doctors, dietitians and psychologists for immediate and live, online visits—day or night, on either mobile or desktop.
Amwell doctor visits are now available in 46 states.
I downloaded the app on my phone and proceeded to login and give the information requested.
I’ve been having sinus issues on and off for a few years. It’s one of those things that I don’t think about, but just deal with. Now, the longer I have a post nasel drip, the more I want to take some time and check on what’s going on with my nose.
I selected MEDICAL and clicked on the doctor I wanted to speak with. You can also click on their name and read a short bio about each physician. If you look closely at the picture above, you’ll see what they specialize in (primary care, pediatrics, etc..)
After selecting a primary care doctor, it took a few minutes for him to review my file and then he eventually appeared on my screen. I was nervous at first. I started fixing my hair and clothes like I was live on TV.
He asked me what I wanted to talk about and I proceeded to tell him about my sinuses. He asked me about my past treatments and how they worked for me. I was impressed that he gave me two alternatives to my past treatments, one that required a prescription and one that didn’t. I could use them together or separate.
Here’s a quick snippet of my doctors visit …
I was pleased that this Dr. didn’t rush me in explaining my concerns, nor did he rush in his explanation of treatment for my issue. There does seem to be a time limit on calls (just like a doctors office visit), but we finished well within that time frame.
5 BIG Benefits of Amwell
1. Lower cost. Consumers expect online visits to be cost-savers; with some in-office visits costing $82 for first-time, Amwell offers a $49 physician visit – a savings of $33. Great option for students in college looking for cost-effective healthcare or those between jobs and without insurance
2. Time & Accessibility. After hours, on weekends and in the middle of the night (24/7/365) availability. Amwell doctors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and are dedicated to keeping you healthy.
3. Convenience. We are all looking for a faster appointment. Now we don’t need to schedule an appointment nor wait to be seen, especially if on vacation or business travel. The doctor can be seen from the comfort and convenience of our home.
4. Quick Prescriptions. If all you need is a prescription, an online video chat with the doctor is much easier than an office visit. They can send the prescription directly to the pharmacy of your choice.
5. Peace of mind. Rather than self-diagnosing or visiting a social forum for medical advice, you can obtain second opinions directly from board certified, licensed doctors.
Your FREE Visit Code
I was so impressed with the process, that I would use it again for myself and my children. Amwell wants you to experience the convenience of speaking to a doctor from basically anyway. Here’s how:
- Sign up with AMWELL (click)
- Follow the instructions
- At the very end, it will ask you for a code: BEWELL12
A Few More Cool Facts
- The most popular consumer telehealth app worldwide in 2014 according to App Annie
- The first telehealth service awarded accreditation by The American Telemedicine Association
- The first telehealth platform to integrate with Apple’s Health App
- The only service that allows you to select the doctor you want to see for an on-demand visit
How will you use Amwell?