Faith

7 Scriptures About Speaking Things into Existence

“You don’t get in life what you want, you get what you believe.” Oprah Winfrey

I am not sure if she was the first person to say it, but I’ve heard her say it a few times. It’s like a whisper in my spirit.

I’ve been in church all of my life and sometimes I believe we go to church so much, it has become routine. Meaning, I wonder do people really listen to the Word of God and apply it to their life on a daily bases versus as needed.

Based on the conversations with many churchgoers, it doesn’t seem like it. They praise God in church with raised hands & a worship on their lips but during the week they are not speaking LIFE. Period.

I Choose to Believe

There are hundreds if not thousands of books out there on how to get the life you want if you do XYZ & 123. One thing that my husband said is true, 9 times out of 10, those secrets, steps & tips are already in the bible! They just say it differently.

True! God is the original motivational speaker!

Saturday, I told myself, “BUMP IT! I am going to BELIEVE from this day forward that everything I want to happen in my life IS GOING TO HAPPEN. I will believe it for me and my family.

I will make it a habit to consciously speak LIFE, watch my words at all times and believe in God & what He has for me shall come to pass. I will be intentional in every area of my life.

7 Scriptures about Speaking Things into Existence

1. Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.  Proverbs 18:21
  2. Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.. Phil 4:8
  3. And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith. Matt 21:22
  4. So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11
  5. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Mark 11:23
  6. But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” Matt 4:4

BONUS:

• For “Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit; 1 Peter 3:10

The thing is, God gives us rules to live by and clear instructions on how to have a fulfilled life. So many times we (I’ve done it too) pick & choose what we want to follow out of the bible. We pick the scripture that benefits us at the time we need it the most.

I believe we all want a good life, whatever good means to you. Unfortunately, our words don’t reflect that. If words have power, that means everything you say is shaping your life. You may not feel it or see it the minute you speak it, but those words are planting seeds.

Just look back on your life or even where you are now. Do you remember speaking certain things about what you want or don’t want to happen and now you are living it?

Because words have power, we clearly have to be intentional with what we speak.

Tip: Only focus on the things you want/desire. Give no energy to the things you do not want.  Watch how things start to shift.

BOOKS:

Here are some books that you might like:

Joel Osten: I Declare, 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life
Joyce Meyer: Change Your Words, Change Your Life: Understanding the Power of Every Word You SpeaK
Keith Ellis: One Minute with God: Sixty Supernatural Seconds that will Change Your Life
Kenneth Hagin: Words
Joyce Meyer: Power Words: Words You Say Can Change Your Life

Comments

comments

everydayeyecandy
    November 9, 2015 at 6:43 am

Thanks for posting this. Bookmarking it for later

Tiffani G
    November 10, 2015 at 9:22 pm

Awesome word! So many of us forget that power of life and death is in our tongue. I’m guilty of it myself–but I’ll be more mindful of the words I speak.

Katrina Bell
    June 30, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Reading this has really inspired me. Thank you for posting.

Renita Stepp
    August 28, 2017 at 3:40 am

I agree with Ms.Patricia Duskin Lazenby. That is the word of faith movement which is unbiblical. People when you read the bible, you must read before and after the scripture not just that one particular scripture. We are taught so wrong here in America.

Teresa Oore
      May 14, 2019 at 8:48 am

You r absolutely right. Patricia Dustin Lazendy…Only YAHWEH / GOD has that power. It’s thru obedience to HIS WORD faith in/ HIM,& prayer, that we receive ANYTHING. Stay away from all those false; error making rich t v preachers. They quote Scripture in a twisted way. Study, every Scripture o His Word on every subject HE has in His Words = BIBLE yourself & stop all this SECOND HANDED INTERPERTATIONS . HE didn’t say follow all those “word of faith”, people on t v. HE SAIS STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED BEFOR HIM. 2 Tim.2:15 And He will talk to you the truth of His Word. Ma ca easily lead us wrong especially with the LOVE OF $ in their hearts & minds. They DO NOT FAVOR YESHUA / JESUS AT ALL, He said the fox’s have dens ,but he did NOT HAVE A PILLOW TO LAY HIS HEAD ON. It’s HIM WE R TO FOLLOW, NOT men / women.

Casey Butler
    September 9, 2017 at 9:52 am

Romans 4:17 states that only God speaks things into existence. We do have power in our words ie. bear witness in a court room, encourage others but not the power stated in this post.

Oprah believes in the Law of attraction which is you get what you believe. You have taken that false teaching and wrapped it in Christianese.

Both views when looked at logically end up being morally horrendous because when we see the 4yr old that has been raped and murdered we have to conclude that the child must have thought or spoke that event into existence.

I pray my words are taken as loving correction and not hateful as I use to believe the same things. This particular movement that this belief comes from is the Word-Faith movement, research it against what the Bible teaches don’t take my word for it.

September 14, 2017 at 6:21 pm

Thank you for your comment. I do appreciate your point of view.

Rob
        September 26, 2019 at 4:14 am

Spot on Casey

laura
      December 23, 2017 at 2:24 am

We can speak life into existence .we also can move mountains with as little of faith as a mustard seed. I believe we can heal people or do anything because Jesus lives in us and we can do all things through Jesus Christ who gives us strength..we all have our beliefs this is what I believe in

Jaqueline Shannon
      January 31, 2018 at 7:25 pm

AMEN! AMEN!! AMEN!!!

Sterl
        December 18, 2019 at 7:15 pm

Can you please tell me which Apostle or Apostles exercised this practice? Paul was beaten and shipwrecked and he did not call into existence a new ship or command those who beat him to stop. Why aren’t you or any of those who comment on your page speaking into existence rain for those lands in need or peace to war torn regions? There are many homeless in this country and others. How about speaking into existence homes, food, jobs, freedom from drugs and alcohol. You and others like you push this nonsense to the gullible. I challenge you and those who comment on this site to to do a thorough contextual Bible study with a KJV bible and a concordance. I hope you are a blood bought Christian who is in error and not someone who thinks they are Christian because you go to or have gone to church, had a holy ghost experience or whatever. I leave you with II Tim 3:16,17- All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness : That the man of God may be perfect throughly furnished unto all good works.

Damien
          December 31, 2019 at 8:15 pm

In the book of Acts, you will see the Apostles speaking and doing things. What they did, was by faith…and by speaking. This is exactly what Jesus told them and taught them to do. The biggest reason it doesn’t work so well today is bcse people don’t calm themselves, don’t really believe what they say, and don’t bother to ask sometimes. Jesus gave us the power to do this when He sent us the Holy Ghost. Read your bible, starting from acts. You actually receive the Holy Ghost the moment you get saved and born again. The bible makes it seem as if everything that happened was instantly. Sometimes that was the case. But not all the time

When Jesus cursed the fig tree, it wasn’t until later the next day, that they saw the evidence of what He spoke. But the process got started the moment He spoke it. You have to clear your mind, calm yourself inside, meditate on Gods word, stir your faith, and speak what God would speak…IN FAITH. A lot of people aren’t speaking in faith and are trying to speak things with wrong or impure motives in their own hearts as well.(example): if you and your wife are divorced, and you both did wrong and said wrong to each other, both lied, both used each other, both hurt each other, you can ask God to restore and reconcile you back together, and if you believe and have faith, and feed your faith during the process, it will happen. Yes I said it…it will happen,,bcse your asking something that is directly in Gods will for marriages(1 Corinth 7) BUT…God will also fix whats broken inside you, and fix whats broken with your wife on the journey to getting you two back together. HOW He does that part, is up to Him. If you want your former spouse back, and you have the right motive in your heart, ask God to help you. FEED what your asking and believing Him for.

And one last note about Paul: Paul didn’t ask for those things, bcse he was on an actual mission for Jesus. Paul already knew that his journey and his mission would be dangerous when Jesus told him what to do. Paul was delivered in several ways while on his journey. He prayed, and trusted the Lord to help him…..and He did

To be like Jesus, is exactly that. If Jesus spoke things and it happened, then a true Christian has been granted the same power. Also get out your own head, get into the word and see these things for yourself. Then, practice them. Before the disciples got to the place that they did in the New testaments, and in the book of Acts, they had the experience of walking with Jesus…..and practicing. Don’t think they practiced? Read

Charlie Jones
      June 13, 2019 at 3:33 pm

Hello Casey. The bible teaches us in St. John 14:12-13 that the works that He did, we can do also.

Christina
      July 27, 2019 at 9:37 am

Death and life are in the power of the tongue is Scripture! Speaking to your mountains making them move is again Scripture. Renew your mind and THINK only on good so it comes to you is again SCRIPTURE. Take nothing from it add nothing to it. Most Scripture talking about speaking things into existence is in RED straight from Jesus. Good or bad we absolutely create our reality .

Vivian
    September 20, 2017 at 4:26 am

Thank you for this wonderful and encouraging message. I so need this right now. Jesus said so himself in Mark 11:24. There is nothing demonic about what Jesus said. Keep speaking the truth. God bless.

Jordan
    October 18, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Words have power whether Creflo says it or Jim Beam says it. Believe in what you may, you will see the results.

Arnold
    February 23, 2018 at 5:30 pm

Every scripture referenced with exception Proverbs was written by a martyr. Could they not just practice what they preach and speak not getting murdered into existence?

Lillian Saywala
    February 1, 2019 at 1:02 am

Amen, Lord I believed all things are possible in my life in Jesus name. Help my words to align with your word’s that is life to bring everything to passed. Amen

Kim
    July 8, 2019 at 9:52 am

Thy will not my will be done. Surender yourself to God your heart mind soul spirit will and entire life and you will not be misled. I was most of my life. Now he gives me true understanding and a great peace that is priceless. The worldly gifts and desires go away and you will only crave his truth and gifts.For those who pray for wealth just remember we cant serve two masters and money is one. When we are truly following Jesus we will realize that God sees to it that we have all we need in this world. Might not be your wants but definately our needs.

Valerie Thierry
    January 9, 2020 at 11:23 pm

I have heard so much on the power of what one says some of it is almost spooky. It is my understanding when words spoken in faith is just like God talking. Every time I perform that I keep it in mind. Another point is also watch what you agree with too. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge the word says. You have to have knowledge of the word then act on what you know for faith without works is dead. Now I understand all the more the saying KNOWLEDGE IS KING!

Mitchell
    February 11, 2020 at 7:38 am

Pray. Say what you mean, mean what you say. Do not allow this world to conform you, but be transformed into the image of Jesus Christ (his nature). Read/meditate/do His Word and ask the Holy Spirit for guidance. Your thoughts will be established. Believe that you are the righteousness of God through the Lord Jesus Christ. into His rest by faith, living your life to glorify God. This works for me. Yes, the enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy but all he gets is the beat down. It’s that name and that blood that causes him to flee in seven directions. Praise God!