“You don’t get in life what you want, you get what you believe.” Oprah Winfrey
I am not sure if she was the first person to say it, but I’ve heard her say it a few times. It’s like a whisper in my spirit.
I’ve been in church all of my life and sometimes I believe we go to church so much, it has become routine. Meaning, I wonder do people really listen to the Word of God and apply it to their life on a daily bases versus as needed.
Based on the conversations with many churchgoers, it doesn’t seem like it. They praise God in church with raised hands & a worship on their lips but during the week they are not speaking LIFE. Period.
I Choose to Believe
There are hundreds if not thousands of books out there on how to get the life you want if you do XYZ & 123. One thing that my husband said is true, 9 times out of 10, those secrets, steps & tips are already in the bible! They just say it differently.
True! God is the original motivational speaker!
Saturday, I told myself, “BUMP IT! I am going to BELIEVE from this day forward that everything I want to happen in my life IS GOING TO HAPPEN. I will believe it for me and my family.
I will make it a habit to consciously speak LIFE, watch my words at all times and believe in God & what He has for me shall come to pass. I will be intentional in every area of my life.
7 Scriptures about Speaking Things into Existence
- Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. Proverbs 18:21
- Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.. Phil 4:8
- And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith. Matt 21:22
- So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11
- Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Mark 11:23
- But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” Matt 4:4
- For “Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit; 1 Peter 3:10
The thing is, God gives us rules to live by and clear instructions on how to have a fulfilled life. So many times we (I’ve done it too) pick & choose what we want to follow out of the bible. We pick the scripture that benefits us at the time we need it the most.
I believe we all want a good life, whatever good means to you. Unfortunately, our words don’t reflect that. If words have power, that means everything you say is shaping your life. You may not feel it or see it the minute you speak it, but those words are planting seeds.
Just look back on your life or even where you are now. Do you remember speaking certain things about what you want or don’t want to happen and now you are living it?
Because words have power, we clearly have to be intentional with what we speak.
Tip: Only focus on the things you want/desire. Give no energy to the things you do not want. Watch how things start to shift.
Here are some books that you might like:
Joel Osten: I Declare, 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life
Joyce Meyer: Change Your Words, Change Your Life: Understanding the Power of Every Word You SpeaK
Keith Ellis: One Minute with God: Sixty Supernatural Seconds that will Change Your Life
Kenneth Hagin: Words
Joyce Meyer: Power Words: Words You Say Can Change Your Life