My personal dream car has always been a Lexus. I have loved the style, class, & body styles since they appeared on the scene. So when I was given the opportunity to review a 2015 Lexus 200 NX, it was literally a dream come true, for a week. When it was delivered, the beautiful rich dark red tone and unique body shape had all my neighbors staring and thinking we had a new car!
This year my family spent Spring Break in Florida visiting relatives, so driving the Five-passenger luxury crossover Lexus NX allowed us to save money & time with all of the three driving options;
- Eco – allows you to save more gas. Best used for road trips or long distance travel.
- Normal – this is for everyday driving around.
- Sport – this gives you that boost of speed that our “youthful self” desires!
We were able to enjoy Easter this year with my in-laws and our children couldn’t have been happier. We surprised them the next day with a trip to Busch Gardens.
My favorite features were:
- Touchpad – similar to the mouse you use with a computer. You were able to get to all the major features of the vehicle with a slip of your finger.
- Touch lights – if you wanted to see something, just tap the lights and it will cut on or dim. No buttons to press.
- Speak Features – if you didn’t want to use the mouse, you can hit a button and actually tell the car what you wanted to see or do.
- Built in phone charger – Maybe this should be #1. There is a slot that you literally drop your phone in, and it charges it! No cords or outlet needed.
- Eco or Sport Option – What do I feel like today? Saving gas or getting there faster than the speed of light (ok, that’s an exaggeration).
My husband did most of the highway driving. He said he was giving me a break because he thought I was tired. I think the truth was, he was enjoy the way this car handled itself on the road. I asked him what he liked about the vehicle (why are men so simple sometimes):
- Good get up and go – I had to remind him a few times to lift his foot!
- Nice wheels (only a man would say that)
- Dual climate control – we normally fight about that!
- Smooth ride – it did seem to just glide. I loved that.
The Lexus NX 200t Sport starts out at $36,580 and ownership comes with many benefits!
Many times 1 week is not enough time to really get a good feel for the car and all the amazing features, so I was lucky enough to find a friend that actually owns this car! After getting over feeling a tiny bit jealous that she gets to experience this luxury every day, I asked her to tell me first hand why she loves her car:
Tosha Hudson: 1-2-15 First person in the Northeast to drive off the lot with the Fsport. Lexus of Englewood
Why I love my fSport
- Rear Camera/Parking Assist – Three colors show you how aligned you are to the curb or parking spot.
- Park and hold button– great for when stuck in traffic…instead of putting the gear in park.
- Side View Mirror assistance– At first it was annoying but this has been helpful when driving during dusk hours and often difficult to see cars coming along side of you with no headlights on.
- Heated Steering Wheel – Great for the cold weather in the Northeast. It only stays of for a few minutes then you must reset.
- Sirius Radio-Plenty of stations to choose from.
- Bluetooth– allows you to Sync the car with your ipad and iphone
- You can still use the navigation while car is in motion-I had a 2006 Lexus IS 250 and this was not a feature during that time.
The fSport allows for additional speed with phenomenal pick up and the use of paddles to change the gears.
I’m single and usually drive alone in my car, so the NX has the ability to cancel the air flow to the rear of the vehicle. Thus, not wasting air being vented to the back.
After riding around in this Lexus for 7 days, it was hard to give it back. It just made me feel like the cool mom on the block!
What feature would you like to have most?