I love Summertime. It’s the opposite of Winter, which I truly do not love. The best part of Summer for me are the nights. I love the Summer night breeze and that you can walk around all night feeling like the night will never end. Another thing that is great about Summer are all the activities that are available to enjoy with your “Love”. During the Winter, we are all hugged up, trying to stay warm and cuddle. It’s Summer, let’s get out and see what our city has to offer-and still cuddle!
Everything doesn’t have to be “just dinner”, if you really enjoy the company of your LOVE- anything you do together can be special. Here are a few ideas that will allow you to enjoy a Summer Day Date or Evening Date around Atlanta:
- Walk, Bike or Run on the Atlanta Beltline. My husband recently bought me a bike for Mothers Day and I actually ride it almost everyday in my neighborhood. We have yet to go to the belt line, but that is on our to do list before the Summer is over. The cool part about the beltline is, you can start it from almost anywhere in Georgia. It’s exercise and quality time.
- Take a Walking Tour of Atlanta’s Neighborhoods. I honestly didn’t know you could actually go on a tour. The Atlanta Preservation Center gives guided walking tours. Atlanta has some beautiful houses and I would enjoy learning more history about the area.
- Centennial Olympic Park. The Fountain of Rings is located between the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, CNN and the Center for Civil and Human Rights. The children will enjoy splashing around in the water or maybe you will too! On Wednesdays they host Wind Down Wednesday, where hundreds come out to enjoy music and grown up time!
- Six Flags. This was actually my first date with my husband (& TGIF). I actually tried to impress him by going on a ride that went 5,034 feet in the air and then just dropped! I would have never did that under any other circumstance. It ended up being a good night for us and 14 years later, we are still going to Six Flags and enjoying ourselves. Although, I no longer get on that ride.
- Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site. If you live in Atlanta (or just visit), this site has so much history inside of it. I have been here once, but didn’t make it across the street to actually visit his home. You can’t leave the Historic site the same on the inside. It’s a must see.
- Catch a show. There are so many plays that come through Atlanta that it’s hard to keep up. Many broadway plays come through the Fox Theatre which allows us southerners to stay cultured in the Arts! The Lion King came a few months back and The Little Mermaid just left.
- Outdoor Concerts. One thing you can’t do in the Winter is watch an outdoor concert! Atlanta is known for great Summer concerts at Chastain, The Mable House amphitheater and more. We bring our blankets, chairs, food and enjoy meeting new people and of course watching some great entertainment. New Edition recently performed here in Atlanta. I am so mad I missed that show, but I was at the Essence Festival!!
- Eats and more eats. There are so many restaurants in Atlanta that you really don’t have to visit the same one twice. Take time out with your Love and visit a new place for lunch and somewhere else for dinner. Explore your city hidden gems and discover a new palate.
These are just some of the things to do here in my city and I am sure if you Google your own there are just as much Summer Happenings where you live. Summer is a time to get out an experience what your city has to offer. Enjoy yourselves and use this time to date again. Rekindle a love for your city and your boo!
Here are a few books if you are looking to rekindle your love or ignite some more passion! It’s a mini-slide show so be still and watch! Click on it to read more about these books. Smile.
MJJuly 16, 2014 at 12:33 pm
The hubs and I are in need of a date night. Thanks for some great ideas. I just started reading my first pick in a few months. Can’t see the slideshow but I would love some suggestions. I want to bring my love for books back and reads for the hubby and I would be perfect.
robincharmagneJuly 16, 2014 at 1:12 pm
What a cute a post! You hit some of the really fun things to do around town! The Botanical Gardens has some nice events too!
BobbieJuly 16, 2014 at 1:52 pm
I love this series..great ideas, Bernetta! BTW…you and your husband are a beautiful couple 🙂
Dee Dee (@MissFoodieFab)July 16, 2014 at 3:58 pm
Good stuff. And, yalla re too cute.
Katherine G from La La Land MommyJuly 17, 2014 at 10:44 am
This is a great list. My husband and I haven’t gone on a date in a minute. We may have to plan something. You are right there are too many things to do in Atlanta not to take advantage of it.
Join @MommyTalkShow @BernettaStyle for @MomSummerSeries Twitter Party 7/28July 21, 2014 at 2:45 pm
[…] Coupon (for family member’s with allergies) and Download a Babysitter Emergency Checklist. BernettaStyle.com is also hosting the “Simple Summer Series” so head over there to check out her […]