This weekend was non-stop fun, learning, and empowerment. I was invited to The Ultimate Girls Festival and had no idea what I was in for.
The Ultimate Girls Festival, created by DeShai Cole, is dedicated to the uplifting and well-being of women. The UGF aims to empower women of all ages and backgrounds through practical information, thought-provoking dialogue and activities.
DeShai Cole, is best known for her radio show here in Atlanta. She offers advice in sex, relationship, careers and beauty. DeShai aspires to empower women of all ages.
Unfortunately, I was only able to attend a few the events so I will share with you my experiences. Friday night I attended Conversations & Cocktails at the beautiful Gocha Salon. It was a fun night of networking with a mix of laughs!! During the event, DeShai mixed things up with a Shot Contest. Two brave ladies entered and one lucky lady won $100. Then there was a “Flyest Shoe Contest” but you had to be able to dance to enter. It was so funny. The lucky lady again, won $100.
The evening ended with a special guest, Perez. He is a celebrity fashion stylist and blogger. He took the time to take pictures and chat with all the ladies.
Saturday morning The Ultimate Girls Festival started early with seminar sessions. I didn’t get a chance to sit in on those but made it just in time for 2 great panel sessions.
All Female Panel : So You Want To Be A Boss? This panel had 5 dynamic entrepreneurs who shared their stories, in addition to depositing into the lives of all the attendees. Women in the audience asked about topics ranging from branding, business with family, being called a “Bitch”, to getting investors. These ladies were so transparent that no one wanted the session to end.
All Male Panel: What Do Men Really Think? I think they saved the best for last because everyone was all eyes and ears when these handsome and intelligent men took the stage. The man topic of discussion was Men & Cheating. Key points:
- All Men are not dogs and do not cheat.
- If I am truly in love with you, I will not cheat. If I am not, I might!
- Stop thinking that just because you are woman, we are attracted to you. We do listen to what comes out of your mouth and we know within the first 5 minutes of our conversation what they want from this situation.
- Have some more going for you than just your body.
- You put 100% into your career, but put 50% into your relationship – put just as much into your relationship as you do everything else.
- Yes, as a man they want to be respected and supported but a woman who has dreams and goals is great thing. Don’t give up on those for a man, because you will end up resenting him later.
A few of the attendees over the weekend were:
- KeKe Wyatt Renowed Music Artist and TV One’s R&B Divas: Atlanta Castmate
- Harold “House” Moore VH-1’s Single Ladies Castmate
- Shekinah Jo Celebrity Hairstylist and VH-1’s The Family Hustle Castmate
- DaShaun “Guru of Abs” Johnson TV Personality and Personal Trainer
- Derrick Jaxn Relationship Expert and Author
The night ended with a concert with R&B Diva KeKe Wyatt. I wasn’t able to attend but I saw pictures & videos on Facebook and IG and she sounded great.
There was also a space dedicated to entrepreneurs. If you had a business, this was the place to be to sell or promote yourself. If you have a chance to attend next year, sign up early. I definitely got a lot out of my time at the event and can only imagine what the ladies left with that attended the entire weekend of events. Definitely make time for Ultimate Girls Festival 2015!!