Living Stylish Natural Hair

[Video] My Bantu Knots Results #NaturalHair

I love Bantu Knots. Point. Blank. Period. It’s my favorite natural hair style that I do for myself. When I first went natural, I would see this style and wouldn’t know how to achieve it. I twisted, braided, rolled, curled my hair but nothing gave me that deep wave look result that I was trying to achieve. One day I saw a young lady who had THE LOOK! She told what they were called and OFF TO YOUTUBE I ran!

1382133_605102032865424_288584154_n[1]

Whaaalaa! This was what I wanted the entire time. Bantu Knots. I watched quite a few videos and eventually perfected it on myself. I get alot of compliments on my hair when I do these in addition to many text, fb messages, emails and phone calls about how to do it. And I answer every one of them! #lovetohelp

So, after many request – I made my first YouTube Hair Video!! #DontJudgeMe. I say that because, I have to really get with this editing thing! Excuse me if I look crazy, (no make up – because I hardly ever wear it!) but it’s all about the hair anyway!

What will you see in this video?

• How to tie a Bantu Knot.
  • How a Bantu Knot set looks complete.
  • What I use to set them.
  • How to separate the knots and complete your hair style.

I hope you liked my first hair video and I was able to get my point across well. If you have more questions, just email me.

What is your favorite Natural Hair Style?

Comments

comments

Yolanda @Seeing It Their Way
    October 24, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Great job on your first video!! And you already know your hair is KAUTE!!!

October 25, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Thanks Yo Yo Yolanda!! Sorry, had to do it!!

Sheri Daniels
    October 24, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Your hair is beautiful! I gave up on Bantu knots because my hair never looked right. But I think I need to try again because I love your hair. I’m gonna check out your video.

October 25, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Thanks Sheri!!! Yes try again and send me a picture!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious?
    October 25, 2013 at 12:00 am

They look so good! My college roommate used to do these and I was always so jealous of how good it looks.

October 25, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Haaa!! I love the deep wave look!

Demetra
    October 25, 2013 at 1:37 am

Very NICE!! I’ll have to try this on my daughter. I think she’ll like this style

October 25, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Yes do it!! I would love to see it. I went over a friends house yesterday and helped her with her daughters hair. They turned out cute!

Bobbie
    October 25, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Your hair is CUTE!!!!! I like bantu knots, but I have not tried them yet….maybe soon. I normally wear my all famous puff, but lately I have been doing my braid outs and I love it!!! So, I’m at the point to stop being a “lazy natural” lol….

October 25, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Thanks Bobbie!! Yes girl you must try these!! Take a picture when you do!

Kimberly
    October 25, 2013 at 1:07 pm

1. Your hair looks sooo soft. 2. Your hair looks super cute! Every time I see his pic, I think, “D*mn! Bernetta ALWAYS works it out with her hair!” This video makes me want to cut my locs out and grow my curls back so that I can try this style. Good job!

October 25, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Thanks Kimberly!! Oooooh the pressure! Haha!! I love Bantu knots!

Daphne
    October 25, 2013 at 2:56 pm

B great job on the video. Thats for sharing your technique imma try and rock this look soon.

November 26, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Ok! Send me pictures please!! I know it will look Fab on yoU!

Fashionably Fabulous
    November 26, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Your hair is everything!!! Great video hun.

November 26, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Thanks girl!! I appreciate it! it’s my favorite style!

BELLE JHEANELL
    November 26, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I LOVE bantu knots! I rotate between bantu knots and a high bun – they’re my go to styles

November 26, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Right now … I think I am doing the same thing!

Sabrina
    November 26, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Your hair looks great. I’ve tried doing bantu knots a few time with mediocre results but your hair looks amazing.

November 26, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Thanks Sabrina!! Keep at it. It took me a while to get it where I liked it myself!

Heather W.
    November 26, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Bernetta, great video….you’re a brave woman!! I have not ventured there quite yet. Not sure if I ever will. LOL! Your Bantu Knots came out so lovely and defined! Keep those videos coming!! ~NaturallyMe35~

November 26, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Thanks Heather!! LOL!! People always ask me how I do the knots, so I said “Let me make a video!!”

Vee
    November 26, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Your hair turned out really nice. Yay..for YT, there’s nothing you can’t learn on there 🙂

I’ve done Bantu Knots a few times (the sleeping part is a deterrent) but I love my first attempt the best

November 26, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I so agree! YT is my friend, ya heard me!

Candice Selby
    November 26, 2013 at 6:34 pm

This style is really cute on you! I have tried bantu knots before but, mine never last that long :-/

November 26, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Thanks Candice! I re-knot them at night and can make them last a week doing that.

Miranda
    November 26, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Your hair looks so good and the style looks great on you. I haven’t tired bantu knots yet, I’m almost 6 months natural. I would love to try them on my daughter too, but you know kids. Whenever I let her wear her hair out, she comes home looking like an episode of Roots.

What I’m Feeling Friday… | Bibs & Baubles
    November 29, 2013 at 1:39 pm

[…] want to try to rock a Bantu knot out like Bernetta. She has mastered this whole natural hair thing. I’m having a little bit of hair […]

Krissy
    December 2, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Visiting from Cam’s blog.

Bantu Knot outs are my fave go to natural style too. I’ve never tried it on blow dried hair tho. I’m going to have to see how that works on me. I usually use a spray bottle of water and coconut oil to mist my hair before I knot and I also apply some moisturizer to it. I’ve tried other styles but this is the only one that seems to look good on me every time other than a wet set with rods and ain’t nobody got time for that every night.

December 2, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Yeah, I usually do it on Blow dried hair because I love the look. The wet way just takes too long to dry. With three kids, ‘Ain’t nobody got time for that!” LOL!! But I like using the water and coconut oil to mist the hair. I might try it to see what kind I look I get!! Thanks for the idea!

Finding the perfect hairstyle for your tween | Cincomom.com
    January 5, 2014 at 7:45 pm

[…] out to Bernetta over at BernettaStyle.com who gave a tutorial and set off a furry of people running to her youtube channel to figure out how […]