Motherhood Monday:: He did it! He slept through the night!

IMAG5839-1[1]

Finally! Finally! Finally! My baby has slept through the night!

The last two nights Baby E has slept from 11pm to at least 6am. I am amazed. He is growing up. Awwwwwwww! Of course I didn’t sleep because my body is so used to getting up. I kept waking up – waiting on him to wake up. Of course, I would make sure he was breathing and I would lay back down. I will say over the weekend we started giving him a little baby food so I wonder if this has something to do with it. I wonder?

IMAG6014-1[1]

I do not remember who gave me this jumper at the baby shower but it’s so cute. This Saturday evening was the first time we tried it out and he was so cute in it. He moved around in it for about 10 minutes before he started to whine. I think it will work better when his back is stronger and he’s actually sitting up. Right now he can’t fully sit up yet so while he was inside the jumper, he leaned forward the entire time.

That’s his big sis just loving on him! She loves herself some Baby E! I just love that. She is always kissing on him and checking on him. She plays him songs, dances for him, and even checks his diaper when he cries. This girl!!

IMAG5937-1[1]

But let’s get back to him sleeping through the night! He woke up with a smile on his face and that made me smile. I haven’t slept a FULL night since before he was born, 5 months ago!! I pray him sleeping through the night continues and I will continue to do my mommy mid-night checks. His bed is actually right next to me so that’s even better. I don’t believe my other two slept so early, but I am not complaining.

What about you? How early did yours sleep through the night?

Comments

comments

Yolanda @ Your Unexpected Beauty
    July 22, 2013 at 2:48 pm

My little ones and I slept through the night at six weeks old. I say “and I” because I put them in there own room at that time and because I wasn’t able to hear the little noises they make while their ASLEEP I was able to sleep as well.

July 22, 2013 at 2:59 pm

You are a lucky chick!!!!!!!! Lucky I say!

Demetra
    July 22, 2013 at 3:16 pm

My Daughter slept through the night fairly early, but my son didn’t sleep through the night on a regular basis until he was about 8….YEARS, not months. It was a struggle for both of us. He had vivid dreams ( some scary) that woke him and he couldn’t get back to sleep on his own.

July 23, 2013 at 1:43 am

Wow! 8 years. My daughter is 5 and just started having bad dreams. We are in a new house so I am not sure if that has something to do with it.

Kimberly
    July 22, 2013 at 4:19 pm

What a blessing to wake up to his cute little face! Glad to hear that you may be getting more sleep soon.

Cam | Bibs & Baubles
    July 23, 2013 at 6:38 am

Congrats! My son slept through at about 3 months. My daughter just started in May. Since her first birthday two weeks ago she’s been getting back to this whole wake up throughout the night thing. I hope it passes soon.

As for you, YAY! Enjoy!

Kita
    July 24, 2013 at 4:26 pm

now it’s your turn to get a good night sleep. both my kids slept through the night at around 2 months mark ….I think girl those years fly by I don’t even know what they weighed at birth lol.

Katherine G
    July 24, 2013 at 4:32 pm

My daughter pulled a fast one on us she slept through the night until 5 months old. Then she started waking up again but then got back on track at 8 months.

My son started sleeping through the night at 5 months. He would on occasion before then but wasn’t constant until about 5 months.

Miranda
    July 26, 2013 at 1:02 pm

How early did she sleep through the night? Hahahahah. 🙁

Way to go, Baby E! Now get some rest, Mama!