Motherhood Monday :: My First Day Back at Work! Is it 5pm yet?

Me and My Three Yesterday
Well today is the day.

The day I headed back to work. I miss my suga bear just typing this. As I sit at my work desk, I think how fast 12 weeks flew by. Alot of memories already flood my head. I spent every single day with my baby before today. I love him so. But momma has to work. (head hung low). Momma has to work. I cried last night while holding him. I cried this morning while kissing him bye.

The newest addition

My mother wanted to watch him (yes, we have to pay her), so I took him over there this morning with a list of to do’s and don’ts! And of course, I am going over there for lunch just to kiss those cheeks. You would think it would get easier with each child when you go back to work, but I can honestly say it is harder.

If you are blessed with a husband that can financially take care of the household – and you can stay at home or just Work From Home… be grateful because it is truly a blessing. This 9 to 5 thing is for the birds (when you are not working your passion). I have some prayers I sent upward, so we will see what God has in store for me.

It is good seeing all my co-workers.
Is it 5pm yet?

Comments

comments

Miss Foodie Fab
    May 6, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Girl, I can’t imagine leaving that pretty baby at home. Good luck, prayers, and hugs on your first day back.

Mylah Sai
    May 6, 2013 at 3:55 pm

I wish I could just reach out and hug you because I know EXACTLY how you feel. I admire women who can stay home and be the one to raise their kiddos. My son is in daycare upwards of 10 hours per day and it makes me feel like crap. On the flip side, when I see him, I never let him go. My smile hinges on the new words he learned and I make such a big deal of every little thing he does because I want to show him I have an uncomparible interest in his life. It’s so hard leaving our little ones behind. Praise God your baby is with your mother. That is a huge rainbow in the midst of the storm. I’m praying that God will make a way financially for us to be at home with our babies or at least part-time on our jobs! Love you!

MushyMamma(Daphne)
    May 6, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Wow, already I can’t believe it. B, you are a huslter and if you truly want to be able to stay at home/work your passion and be financial secure I know it will happen.

I hope your work day is flying by.

Much Love to Ya

May 6, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Time flew. Its a sacrifice to stay home believe me I live without a lot to be able to be here its a double edged sword. Be thankful you don’t have to put him in daycare I am sure your mother is cheaper than daycare…I hope

Tori D.
    May 7, 2013 at 2:32 am

Aww this is so sweet. I hope everything works out for you. He’s so adorable!

Bijee @ MyInnerB
    May 8, 2013 at 2:52 am

I totally feel you I just went through this two months ago after being home with my little guy for four months. It felt like the first day at a new school going back and all I could think about was my little one. I did a dry run the week before and I cried (snotted) then which made me just do the silent movie cry on my actual first day…I still feel bad for having to leave him and its only two days a week with my cousin cause we are working fromhome the others. It truly is hard being a working mom!

Katherine Phillips
    May 8, 2013 at 7:50 pm

I know you miss your little man. i missed mine when I was at work. I don’t think it ever gets easier.