Guest Post :: Doing things differently
By Kita Bryant
I saw this on my tumblr the other day and thought that this was a great guide to being successful. I am not going to do all of them just a few let’s start with number 3.
3. Be productive not just busy. I don’t just do things to do things. I make sure they lead to other things. I run an online magazine. I am productive by seeking out blogs, writers, and businesses for my upcoming issue 3 months in advance. That way I am productive in getting content early so that I can have things ready in a timely manner. It seems that I am always busy but I am getting things done.
5. I stopped folding clothes a long time ago no one goes in my closet but the hubs and I. I get tired of folding clothes who cares their clean. Having perfectly neat folded clothes is for the birds. My house appears clean downstairs just don’t ask me about my closet. I am tired of being perfect that’s one less thing I have to worry about. You don’t have to have everything perfect in your life it is okay if the dishes don’t get cleaned or you have a pile of clothes.
8. I know everyone is on the health movement. I just can’t do it all at once I don’t have any motivation so I have instead incorporated doing things gradually month to month. For January I gave up soda. Well I don’t buy them for the house anymore. I use to go through a case a day now; I only drink if I go out and since Jan. I have only had it 4 times total. In February, I stopped eating pasta and rice more than once a week. I love rice it’s a staple where I am from (Charleston, SC) but its not good so I only do one pasta/rice dish a week. March I am drinking 2 cups of water per day. I don’t like water so I put a dash of lemon juice in it. I am good to go. In April I will incorporate meatless
days where I don’t eat any type of meat for one whole day a week.
11. The right people are those that are there for you at the drop of a hat. They know when something is not right, they are there without you even asking. They encourage and stand by you through good and bad. The right people are hard to find but when you have went through enough bad ones you get the hang of making sure the right ones are in your corner.
12. Balance is hard when you are trying to be and do everything. I try to balance my life by doing things on a schedule with wiggle room to move things around if needed. I think I have found a rhythm to my madness and it works for me. People ask me how do you manage two blogs, two twitter accounts, comment on blogs, and run a household with dinner on the table every Sunday – Thursday I can’t really tell them how I do it because what works for me may not work for you. You have to find your own balance that suits you even if its weird to others.
What do you do differently that makes you successful?