Wordless Wednesday

Wordy Wednesday: Pregnant Mom Surprised by Words on her Food Receipt

WORDY WEDNESDAY

You know my Wednesday post are WORDY and not Wordless! (I just have to talk!)
Well, I was on Yahoo this morning and this jumped out at me. Lately, I have been hearing stories of so many people paying it forward or being the recipient of the act. Well, the manager at the restaurant Red Robin, in Apex, N.C. paid it forward by comping the dinner of one very pregnant woman dining with her family! During the dinner, the manager and the woman had joked about this being her last meal before delivery and when she got the bill – she saw the sweet surprise!

I personally, thought it was VERY NICE of the Manager and looks great for Red Robin too! I guess this story stood out even more to me because I am about to be a NEW MOM TO BE too!! *Looking at Chipotle like, HERE I COME!!* (Everyone knows I LOVE my Chipotle!) The lady actually gave birth to a baby girl and went back a week ago and introduced the manager to the new arrival!

Have you paid it forward lately? Or have you been on the receiving end?

Comments

comments

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious?
    January 9, 2013 at 1:41 pm

What a nice gesture.

January 9, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I remember a guy paid for our breakfast from Mickey D one morning and it was so unexpected especially when at the time I didn’t have much and we were stretching money. That breakfast came right on time and I think paying it forward is a great thing to do.

Mimi
    January 9, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I have been dying to pay it forward lately. I’ve been looking for opportunities but one hasn’t jumped out at me!

I was reading a column in a local paper where people can send thanks and rants etc. and one person put, “Thank you to the person who saw me crying in their rear view mirror at Starbucks and paid for my coffee” I thought that was the sweetest thing. I hope this wave of kindness is contagious.

This is so sweet. There are kind people in the world.

January 9, 2013 at 8:34 pm

That is sweet. I once paid for the persons food behind me at McDonalds! The cashier, said “Are you rich?” LOL!!

Mia
    January 9, 2013 at 1:46 pm

How nice is that? !

Mia
    January 9, 2013 at 1:46 pm

How nice is that? !

Tasha
    January 9, 2013 at 1:54 pm

That was very sweet of the manager. I remember a guy paid for my gas just because. I was just making a quick run to the gas station and had rollers in my head and my pajamas still on. I paid at the pump, but then he came over and gave me the cash and said have a nice day. I was in awe.

January 9, 2013 at 8:36 pm

WOW!! That happened to me before too at the gas station! In College, we went out to the club, 4 of us only had $1.. yep $1 to put in the tank, but this guy say me trying to pay $1 and added $5 to it! That was a blessing. Back then Gas was under 99 cent a gallon!!

CollieNicole
    January 9, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Can you pay it forward in other way? For instance I saw two people and my job outside waiting on a ride. I was leaving and as I got to the gate they just looked Luke they really needed a ride. They were very appreciative and thankful. I know first hand when you stranded and need a ride and alwayswas blessed with one so I pay it forward!

January 9, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Sure! You don’t always have to buy something. Just a gesture. It’s what is in your heart!

LA Lynn's
    January 9, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Yessss ma’am!!!! I’m all for that… I haven’t shared my stories but I’m a giver at heart so it comes natural recently I purchased gas for someone last week & paid for a lady lunch at McDonalds! Just to see the smiles on their faces make me smile. I just wish there were more folks in the world that was willing to pay it forward. Thanks for sharing!

January 9, 2013 at 8:37 pm

That is so TRUE!! Where would be be if we all did a kind gesture, a week or a day!

Lotta
    January 9, 2013 at 3:21 pm

This is so wonderful. I love seeing stories like these. Such positivity. 🙂 I haven’t ‘paid it forward’ in awhile. I have to step my game up. 🙂 Thanks for the wonderful story.

A Haute Mommy
    January 9, 2013 at 5:47 pm

I love these random acts of kindness. I want to do one soon.

Meghan
    January 9, 2013 at 6:35 pm

That was nice!

Lori Vann
    January 9, 2013 at 9:37 pm

When I first saw your post, I thought it was going to be one of those ones (ala the papa johns “chinky eyes” one). Was pleasantly surprised to see such a sweet story. My kids great-grandparents are from Apex too, such a sweet little town!

Cam | Bibs and Baubles
    January 9, 2013 at 9:58 pm

What a really good story!! So sweet. I need to get on the random acts bandwagon!

Redhead Baby Mama
    January 10, 2013 at 1:19 am

Very sweet and thoughtful. Although the grammar nazi in me can’t help but stare at the spelling. 😉

Katherine Phillips
    January 10, 2013 at 1:48 am

That is so awesome!! I love stories like this.