I have a pregnancy app on my phone that gives me tips, reminders, and a checklist for everyday. It tells me how far along I am and what I need to do at every stage of the pregnancy. I hadn’t look at that app in about two weeks but decided to today. The title of today’s topic was, “What do you miss most during pregnancy?”. I just shook my head because I said out loud, “ALOT!”
It is a real blessing to have a baby and I am actually in a good place but I forgot all the things your body goes through when you are “with child”!
Here are some of the things that were on the list from other women including myself that I basically just miss during this pregnancy. Please share yours!
(This is not in any particular order)
1. Sleeping Position. I HAVE to sleep my my side now! I have to have a pillow for my legs. I can not roll on my back for fear of not getting proper circulation to my heart because the uterus pushes down on certain valves. I can’t sleep on my stomach because well….it’s a baby in there!
2. Sleeping through the night. Most nights I don’t sleep all the way though. When I wasn’t pregnant, I could turn over and still sleep. Now, I literally wake to turn over because it’s a mini production to turn on my other side. Not to mention the 3am bathroom runs!
3. Zumba! Before I got pregnant, I was doing Zumba at least 3x times a week. I was LOOKING GREAT!! I was still doing Zumba early in my pregnancy but then fatigue set in. I just miss the high intensity work out and seeing results.
4. My clothes! So far I have only bought one maternity shirt. That is about to change this week. I was trying to prevent buying maternity clothes because I know this is my last baby, but after trying on just about ALL of my clothes for church this morning and looking crazy in everything > I will be visiting Ross tomorrow!
5. Emotional control. I cry more often.
6. Sweat-Less. My first child was born in July and of course I was pregnant over the summer with this baby. It just seems like I sweat everywhere at the drop of the dime. I am so thankful for Fall.
7. Off limit Foods. There are just so many dos and don’ts. I find myself always looking at my nutritional list.
8. Heels. I wore them alot in my first and second pregnancy but this time its kinda hard with two kids and being pregnant. So, I am looking for some cute flats.
9. Weight Gain. It seems that when you eat a piece of gum, you gain a pound! It’s like weight just sticks to you when you’re pregnant!
I am sure I have more but this is what came to mind while posting this today. I am one week away from my half way point, so my list might progress! For all my prego pals is there anything you miss during pregnancy?