I am apart of a dynamic group for moms called Mocha Moms. It’s a national organization that is broken down into local chapters all across the country. Currently, I am over our Sister Circle for 2012 which means I (along with my partner Shannon) come up with new topics every month to dive into at a different Mochas home each month. These topics have a wide range but we always have great laughs & conversations when we get together.
This months Sister Circle was held this past Friday Night. We basically re-staged Oprah’s Lifeclass with Iyanla Vanzant called Why Women Hurt Each other. We played the show to the Mochas then discussed different situations on the commerical break with feedback. It was such a good meeting and I believe we all left the meeting agreeing not to play the victim and learning the lesson in every life situation.
One major thing I learned is that if you don’t want any of your business OUT there, don’t tell ANY one your business. Yes, people sometimes have a lapse in character but always remember your part. Also, know who your friends confide in, because everyone talks to someone!
Main Reason Why Women Betray Each Other: SELF HATRED
1. We don’t honor relationships
2. We see external validation
3. We don’t honor ourselves.
4. We mimic what we’ve seen.
5. We hold unrealistic demands.
Why Women Gossip: FOR POWER
1. It’s acceptable among women
2. They don’t recognize the power of the spoken word. (meaning what you speak will come forth)
3. Divert attention from self.