Maternity Monday: My Weight Gain Goal is in View

Sorry this post is so late in the day. It’s a holiday and the hubby and I were out with our children ALL day. Came home, and made them crab legs and fish! What age do you teach your children how to eat crab legs!? It was enjoyable for them because they got the meat!! It was work for me, because I could hardly taste any because they were always ready for the next bite!!

Now on to Maternity Monday! Today I want to focus on my pregnancy weight goal. I downloaded a pregnancy app and based on my pre-baby weight, I should have only gained 3lbs! I have gained 11! 11 pounds! The funny thing is, I worked out my whole first trimester! I know I WAS eating more than I usually do though. Pre-pregnancy, I was on it! I was eating my fruits and veggies, no meat during the week and Zumba every other day. I found out I was pregnant, got mad and STARTED EATING! I still worked out but, I told myself the baby wanted a hamburger!! For the most part, I was still eating healthy. Just more food. Well, now my reality hit when I went to the doctor and he shook his head at me for gaining 5lbs in 4 weeks! And so early. So, I remember my original goal of gaining the 25-35 pounds a healthy woman should gain. I need to remember my goal of “being all belly!”. I need to remember this is baby #3!

I love the way Tamera Mowery looks. Her baby is due in November and she looks awesome.
That is my goal right there. All belly.

Did you have weight goals while pregnant? How did you monitor yours?

I want to send a thank you to my friend “T” for calling me and telling me she has something for me. We met and it was a baby car seat, baby bouncy and a box full of baby clothes! Talk about feeling blessed!

Comments

comments

September 4, 2012 at 3:11 am

She looks lovely. I watched my weight for my first pregnancy but the second I didn’t care and I actually didn’t gain anything but 8 lbs that was the baby the dr’s were perplexed that I didn’t really gain anything.

September 4, 2012 at 1:26 pm

OK Kita! I am little (well alot) Jealous!

Marie Young
    September 4, 2012 at 1:08 pm

I didn’t know you were preggo too! Congrats (#blmgirl). Well, to answer your questions, I was 70 lbs bigger with my first child and now I am 5 months preggars and I have gained about 26lbs. Im sorry I cannot monitor… I am just too hungry! LOL. I just completely aware I will have to work out like a DOG after I give birth! I did with my first and lost all, plus some, of my baby weight. I can do it again. Great post!

September 4, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Me too Marie! I gained 70 with Baby #1 & #2. I lost it all plus some with the first one. I lost it all BUT 10 with the second! Baby #3, not even trying to do it! LOL!

ToshaDevon
    September 4, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Awwwww B you got this!!! You’ve just got to get back on the road to what you want!!!! You know you don’t want me to look FINER than you!!! (smile it’s an inside joke) I love you and you still look GREAT!!!!

September 5, 2012 at 1:27 pm

You are right!! (about you being FINER than me!LOL!!)
      You know I will never let myself go! Love u!

MushyMamma(Daphne)
    September 4, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Hey B, I didn’t gain any wait at all being pregnant, I actually was smaller after it was all said and done, but hey I was overweight to start, lol. I didn’t have much of an appetite, plus ate better because I wanted to be super cautious because of my past experience. But what I feel helped the most, is I walked a lot almost 3 miles daily. Anywho, I think you will stay within your goal, just try to regulate what you eat a few of the days and get out walking. I’ll walk with ya 🙂

September 5, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Ok, when are we walking? I did Zumba last night. On it again tonight!

Amber
    September 4, 2012 at 4:15 pm

I gained 26lbs during my pregnancy. I allowed myself to indulge in cravings, but didn’t overdo it. When I read that you only need an extra 300 calories a day (the equivalent of like, a donut lol), that gave me a good idea of how much “extra” stuff I could eat.

Take your time, stay active, and you’ll be fine!

September 5, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Exactly! 300 calories is an extra bite of something!! But great advice, stay active! I will do that!

KGilbert
    September 5, 2012 at 1:40 pm

It has been so long I don’t remember how much weight I gained. I just want to say both you and Tamera look great!!

Shauntell
    September 5, 2012 at 7:59 pm

First, I would like to say CONGRATS to you and the family. I was a crazy fool when it came to my weight during my pregnancy. I started out with how much I should gain, based on my pre-baby weight. Which, was a total of 30 pounds max. I had no real cravings, by ex-hubby had all of my cravings. I ate a lot of the good foods, exercised and I gained 50 pounds, ppl thought I was having twins.

So, I say enjoy the journey eat what you like in moderation and keep active!!! You got a FAB body and will do just fine.

Shauntell
    September 5, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Shauntell
    September 5, 2012 at 8:08 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

Erika at BluLabel Bungalow
    September 11, 2012 at 2:32 am

Congrats on your 3rd baby! First time visitor from GSMM FB page. I’m currently pregnant with our 4th. I’m due in Dec and have already gained 22lbs. Can’t say I stress too much because I breast feed and go hard with the exercise when the baby is born. I am motivated to walk now after reading some of these responses.

I’m more focused on the experience. This may possibly be our last. Best Wishes!