2017 is coming to an end. I am always amazed at not only how fast a year seems to fly by, but how much you can actually do in 365 days. One thing I do every year is try to appreciate my experiences and learn from life’s lessons.
Every day wasn’t peaches and cream in 2017. I had my boo-hoo moments. I had more than I wanted actually, but I had days where I praised God for blessing me bigger than I could have ever imagined.
I personally want to thank you for visiting my blog over 2017. I do not take your readership, comments, engagements, shares, and friendships for granted. Thank you. Looking back over 2017, BernettaStyle has experienced a few things, learned a few things and let go of a few things.
- Started off the year turning 40 on a 5-day cruise with my husband and best friends
- Hosted a Vision Board Party and met some amazing women
- Launched Bailee’s Nail Box
- We did Disney without the children
- Experienced our first Disney Cruise
- The official Mammogram
- Experienced my first wine tasting
- Visited SeaWorld for the first time
- Invited to cover Disney Dreamers Academy at Disney World
- Taped an episode on Steve Harvey for The Knighten Project
- Started freelance writing for The Creative Loafing Tampa magazine
- Visited Chicago and spent some much needed time with my dad
- Started Financial Peace University (update post coming soon)
- Visited Adventure Island Waterpark for the 1st time
- Cut my hair off and got a relaxer (yesssss, I didn’t write about it.)
- My daughter spoke at her first conference.
- I spoke at Mom2.0 for the first time.
- Became an ambassador for Youfit Health Clubs
- Bailee’s 2nd speaking engagement
- Visited Legoland Resort for the first time
- Attended my first BlogHer Conference
- Rode on the 4th of July float with my son for his 12 birthday
- Attended an event at the ESPN Wide World of Sports
- Visited the Florida Aquarium for the first time
- Speaker at the National Urban League
- Appeared on 11Alive News first Morning Rush Show
- Visited Blizzard Beach Disney Waterpark for the first time
- Filmed a commercial for Disney Springs
- Experienced my first major hurricane (Irma)
- Celebrated 14 years of marriage
- Finalist for the Perfect Pitch at Blogalicious (Bailee’s Nail Box)
- My first allergy test (allergic to NOTHING)
- Speaker at Wellness Symposium in Baltimore
- Created my 2nd product – My Dream Year Manifestation Journal
- Previewed a musical on a Disney Cruise ship
- Speaker at my son’s middle school
- Visited Disney for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas
- Reviewed a resort in Myrtle Beach
- Announced as a Speaker for Mom2.0 2018
- Started a New Job
- My own Ask Bernetta column in Creative Loafing Tampa
If you look back at your year, I’m sure you will be amazed at just how many things you did this year.
What was my one big lesson in 2017?
I need to trust my instinct and depend more on God as he orders my steps. I honestly asked too many people (towards the beginning of the year) for their opinion and thoughts on my personal goals and dreams. Their response wasn’t always 100% honest or genuine. I don’t believe they were being malicious, but sometimes people don’t want to hurt your feelings. However, when I needed hard honesty, I got smiles and giggles. The truth will make me better. The truth can help me grow. Sparing my feelings will have me thinking I have it going on while going nowhere!
When God gives you a vision or a dream, it’s yours. Sometimes you can’t always share your desires because input from others can send you down a road you weren’t initially meant to travel down. Our gut instinct is a gift and a strength. We need to use it more often.
What did you learn in 2017?
I have enjoyed linking to my fellow Fab Five bloggers over the last few years. It’s been fun seeing how we’ve grown in these digital streets. Check out my friend and fellow Fab 5 blogger, Kita’s Year in review.