I first started blogging in 2010. I had a blog called WIFE (Why Isn’t Forever Easy). It was mainly about marriage and the things they we deal with as married women. After 2 years, I really wanted to write about more things and felt boxed in.
In 2012, I re-branded as BernettaStyle.com which allowed me to talk about a wide range of topics. Under the BernettaStyle umbrella, I am able to share motherhood stories, marriage highs and lows, motivate women to follow their dreams and review products that allow families to save money and time.
Over the last 7 years of blogging, my family and I have experienced some amazing things because of my site:
- Working social media at The White House Easter Egg Hunt
- Visiting the office of the creator Chick-Fil-A
- Disney Trips & a Cruise earlier this year
- Speaking for Coca-Cola at their Pay it Forward Academy
- Interviewing Steve Harvey
- Being an actual guest on the Steve Harvey show
- My family being apart of a Disney Springs Commercial
and the list goes on . . .
Although, blogging has been fun over the last 7 years, in my heart I wanted to make more a difference. Within the last 2 years, I’ve been a tad bit busy.
- Created a non-profit. In 2015 I started The Knighten Project. We believe everyone deserves one dream come true. How does it work? Individuals submit a dream for themselves or someone else on our website, and through the donations from brands, sponsors or everyday donors we will strive to make these dreams come true. We’ve did three dreams so far.
- My Dream Year Planner – Late 2016 I created a planner that will assist you in making a major dream come true in 365 days if you work for it. I love my planner because it’s more like a dateless workbook. You write goals and how you plan to map them out. There are guides included to help you along the way.
- Breakthrough Life Coaching – I was certified in May 2016 as a Life Coach. Since then I have worked with ladies to help them break out of their comfort zone and make major things happen in their lives and/or business.
Do you see a theme? It’s Dreaming.
Your dream could be anything in this world, I just believe you should try to make it happen. I hate the phrase, “Life is short”, but the truth is you only have so many days to make things happen. When you realize that, it’s time to put your actions in motion to make your dream(s) a reality.
For me, my dream is helping others make theirs come true … hence coaching, dream planner and the non-profit.
One additional thing I am grateful for is Domain.ME, they’ve help me house all of my ambitions in one place. A hub. BernettaKnighten.ME.
If you’ve noticed above, I have 3 different websites for each thing. Domain.ME allowed me to have a one stop web space that allows people to get a glimpse of me and everything I’m involved in.
Why use a .ME address and not a .com/net/org?
- .ME is uniquely positioned to provide you with the space you need to build your personal brand and create a captivating online persona that’s a direct reflection of you.
- .ME domains are great for personal websites, such as blogs, online portfolios, or aliases for social network profiles.
- .ME domain names are also very popular among the global startup scene for the many meanings .ME carries and the opportunity to get a short, highly-branded, and memorable domain name with a personal feel to it.
- There are no restrictions on .ME domain name registrations, registration for these domain names is open to anyone, similar to .COM, .NET, or .ORG.
What inspired me?
People. People and their stories inspired me. When I finished college, my first big job was with IBM. Although it was a great company with wonderful benefits, I quickly learned many of my co-workers didn’t like their job.
When I worked at Chase, it was the same experience. Many of the people I came in contact with desired to do other things but no one was doing it. When I would ask, when are you going to start doing XYZ, I often got a deer in headlights glare.
I would then hear shortly afterwards about how our conversation inspired them to walk towards their dream. Initially I was just asking questions and wanted them think. As a grew as a woman, mother, wife, and dreamer – I started to see a trend with me and people.
I wanted to people to follow their dreams, and now that’s what I am always working on.
This post was inspired and sponsored by Domain.ME, the provider of the personal domains that end in .ME. As a company, they aim to promote thought leadership to the tech world. All thoughts and opinions are my own.