They say time flies when you’re having fun … well 2016 was a fun year for me personally. That’s just the truth. On my timeline, I saw status after status about 2016 being a horrible year. Although, there was quite a bit a tragedy – there was also triumph.
Personally, I wasn’t trying to rush 2016 out, because what is going to happen is going to happen no matter the day or year. 2016 was my last year in my 30s, so that was another major reason I wasn’t in a rush for 2017.
My birthday starts the year out, so 2017 also starts a new decade for me. The decade of 40. I can’t believe I am even typing the words, “I am 40 now!” However, 2017 came in with a bang and I am now one year older.
When I look back at all the things that God allowed me to experience in 2016, my hand cups my mouth in amazement.
MY 2016 BIG MOMENTS:
- Launched a T-shirt Line (One Dream Tees)
- Spoke at my first Virtual Women’s Conference.
- Featured speaker for Coca-Cola’s Pay it Forward Academy
- Featured in 2 magazines (Hype Hair & Ebony) with Family Dollar (Feb & May Issue)
- Social Media Team for Steve’s Harvey Act Like a Success
- Worked 1 on 1 with a physical trainer for 4 months.
- My first on-screen presentation for a News Station
- First article published on Huffington Post
- Invited & attended my first DSMM (Disney Social Media Moms)
- Spoke on a panel about balancing motherhood for UPTV
- Moved to Florida
- Spoke at 2 schools for teenage girls about Dreaming Now in Tampa, Fl
- Published My Dream Year Planner in November to record sales
- Hired my first Business & Speaking coach (two different people)
- Visited Disney 3 times in one year thanks to my website. (grateful)
- Surprised my children with their 1st cruise
- Ended the year (& started 2017) with a NYE cruise to Mexico with my husband & 4 friends.
- Attended 4 great conferences this year that help me grow as a business woman.
- Dream Project (ATL)
- Act Like a Success (ATL)
- Hispanicize (MIA)
- Blogalicious (ATL)
- Became a certified Life Coach
- 1 new clients & 2 mentees
- New Website for Coach services (stay tuned for completion date)
As I was writing this, I would never have pictured a 2016 like this. Although, I did say in January that 2016 will be amazing.
Ok, so not only is this a new year . . . but I am 40 and I can already feel the mental shift. I’ve already written my goals down in My Dream Year Planner, but I will share a few here
- Master eCommerce & Facebook Ads.
- Allow God to bless Bailee’s Nail Box beyond our wildest dreams in 2017
- Magazine writes ups
- TV/Radio Interviews
- Bank account LIT (see how I added a little trendy word there!)
- Create a new edition of the My Dream Year Planner for 2018
- Learn how and implement more alkaline foods into my diet
- Eat more plant based foods & less meat
- Maintain my workout regimen
- Have 5 PAID speaking engagements around the country speaking on topics I can rock!
- Have 5 new coaching clients
- Be a rockstar Wife & Mom
One thing I know for sure is that time doesn’t stand still. It keeps moving and either you will move with it or look up and realize you are stuck in the same place. When the new year comes around, people use it as a catalyst to start over. You can actually start fresh whenever your mind is really made up.
Don’t wait to January 1st to do anything. Start where you are. Period.
I wrote a piece last year and shared that on my birthday I usually get depressed. I get depressed because I always think I should be father along. Well, this year right before the New Year rang in, I started to cry. Not because I was depressed about my life but because I was afraid of letting go of my 30s.
In My 30s:
- I grew into the woman I am
- Started multiple businesses
- Experienced motherhood for the 2nd & 3rd time
- Finally got my voice strong enough to tell people, NO.
- Realized how good wine is
I’ve also had some horrific things happen to me in my 30s, but all contributed to who I am today.
So, I cried.
I will now walk into my 40s (in my Whitney Mero dress) not knowing everything that will happen over the next 10 years but praying that this decade will be great to me.
Check back with me from time to time, as I share what life is like in this new skin.