I always wanted a daughter. If I’m honest, I only wanted a daughter.
The day I found out I was having a girl, was one the best days ever. I immediately went into baby girl planning & mode:
- What am I going to name her?
- What will she look like?
- Can I make her room pretty?
- Will she act like me or her dad?
- I want to show her all these things!
- OMG, she needs to get to experience XYZ!
You’re going to be 8 years old in 2 weeks and I am still so overjoyed you are in my life.
You have qualities I wish I had as a 30 something. You are so full of life and I always want to make sure that light in your eyes never dims.
As I struggle with certain things in adulthood, my prayer is that I can somehow shield you from it. I want to teach you step by step when the time is right what to do, so you like can be everything you want it to be.
Bailee, I pray for you daily:
- I pray you find lasting love. I pray you find & marry soul mate.
- I pray you will take all the good, bad & ugly from us (your parents) and rock parenthood out!
- I pray you have life long girlfriends that are like sisters.
- I pray that you and your brothers remain close forever.
- I pray you get everything you ever wanted in life and more.
- I pray you always find a reason to smile.
- I pray you never settle for less than you deserve and you have a fighting spirit.
- I pray you will always stand up for yourself and never be intimated.
- I pray you will always be honest even when the truth hurts.
- I pray you PRAY always and that your relationship with GOD remains a top priority.
As I write this, I smile at how many people know your name. I smile when people walk up to me, “OMG are you Bailee’s mom? She is something else! We just love Bailee!”
I always respond, “I know, I love her too!”
Your genuine good spirit draws people in. You love to give from your heart and I pray that never changes.
I love you Bailee and I am so thankful God gave me you. I am in charge of raising you up, but you are in charge of making me a better person, woman and mother in the process!
– Mommy loves you!
Last month I wrote a letter to my sons, I’m participating in the “Letters to our Children” circle, inspired by LaShawn (Everyday Eyecandy), so click & read Joyce’s letter (Mommy Talk Show) and continue to enjoy.