Summer is almost over and although I hate to say goodbye, my favorite season is knocking on the door! Fall is the perfect season because it’s just great weather. You have days wear you can where dresses, pants, sweats, shorts all in the same day without a coat.
Just perfect weather.
In terms of fashion, you can tell the tide is turning because women pull out their boots and put up the open toed shoes and flip flops. Short shorts become leggings and halter tops become long sleeve shawls.
What do you look for in a good boot? How many varieties do you have in your closet? While I was writing this post, I had to do inventory of my own closet. I have every boot except #4 and that’s only because I sold my pair in our yard sale a few weeks back.
- Rain Boots – Fall might as well be called Rain Season! Winter, Spring, Summer, Rain! With the rain and the falling of tree leaves, you get a nasty mix on the ground. Rain boots are the perfect shoe to walk in the water and look cute at the same time. (Image Sperry Top-Sider Women’s Pelican III Rainboot $49)
- Cowboy boots – This honestly might be a personal preference. I think certain cowboy boots are so stylish with a nice legging and sweat shirt. However, some jeans and a sweater could be a great look too. (Image: Spite Women’s Arianna Western Boot $30)
- Knee High Wedge Boots – These types of boots never go out of style. They have so many varieties of color and styles that you could have one for every day of the week. They go best with a skinny jean or leggings. They even look good with tights and a dress, if it’s not to long. (Image: Clarks Women’s Natira Kae GTX Wedge Boot $99)
- Boots with a Heal – These are for those hot date nights with your boo! High heel boots aren’t for everyday wear unless you’re 21-29. Nobody around these parts (35 & up) are trying to walk in high heel anything all day! But on a day night, watch me work! (Jessica Simpson Avern Women’s Boot $69)
- Short Boots– These work with a cute pencil shirt or flared out skirt . They can be dressed up or dressed down. (FRYE Women’s Veronica Short Boot $120)
A good boot should last you at least 2 seasons (meaning 2 years). I know trends change but a basic black, brown or gray doesn’t go out of style. You can always add to your wardrobe with a one of a kind trendy piece each season, but there is no way I’m buying 4 to 5 new boots every fall just like I don’t buy new flats every summer.
What is your must have boot this fall?
We’re at it again, the FAB FIVE BLOGGERS are back with our first Friday edition. This month’s theme is All Things Fall! Every month, we pick a theme and write about it from 5 different perspectives. Take some time to check out my FAB FIVE FALL Topics!