“I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Dove. I received a product sample and promotional item to thank me for my participation.”
One thing that women don’t talk about openly is their underarms but we all secretly care! We care about how they look when we raise our arms, the texture of skin and of course the smell (we’d prefer not to have one).
For the past two weeks, I have been using Dove Advanced Care Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant with my underarm routine. I can honestly say, the deodorant is a keeper. One reason is that I don’t like to wear deodorant if I don’t have to. So, to have the choice of 48 hour scent and moisture protection is a plus.
Of course you wash your underarms daily! You just don’t need to reapply as much or more, your choice.
5 Tips to Keep Your Underarms Smooth & From Turning Darker
When I was younger, and puberty was setting in. My mother shared with me how to keep my underarms from becoming dark as I age. I have always kept that one tip and as I have grown, I’ve added a few more.
1. Never EVER shave your underarms with just water and a razor. For some reason, this will cause that area to get dark quicker over time. Over the years, I have always used soap. My soap of choice now, is black soap (because that’s what I use in the shower), but you can use what you like.
2. I only shave my underarms when someone is going to see them. Which means, I don’t shave my underarms in the winter or fall. Before you turn up your nose, I don’t get a lot of hair there anyway, so it’s not like a bush under there! I shave in the spring and summer because I like wearing tank tops, sleeveless dresses etc. I don’t believe in shaving them, just to shave them. This has also kept my underarms the same color over the years.
3. BONUS: Use a body scrub on your underarms occasionally to remove dead skin. I recently started doing this and it leaves my underarms so smooth!
4. At night, apply a moisturizer under your arms. I use a soft butter I create for my family, but you can use the same moisturizer you use for your body.
5. During the day, Use Dove Advanced Care Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant. It moistures, keeps you dry and promotes smoother underarms. The NutriumMoisture has an ingredient that is made to moisturize our skin.
Before I was sent this product, I was already using Dove Deodorant. I am already sold on their brand because they always seem to put our best interest at heart. Their products always seem to do what they promise and that makes me happy. You can purchase Dove Advanced Care Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant at any local grocery store across the country for around $4.99 retail price.
You, Dove & Paris!
One thing I love about Dove, is that they always celebrate women and body image. They make you feel proud to be a woman and promote loving the skin we are in. They have a great contest that if you win, you and guest will be flying to Paris love!! Yes, Paris!
Dove is inviting women across the U.S. to try Dove Advanced Care and share their love for a chance to win a trip for 2 to Paris, or one of hundreds of other prizes.Women can get involved by visiting Dove.com/
For more info on Dove:
How do you keep your underarms smooth & even?