I started my first blog in 2010 (W.I.F.E), and created BernettaStyle in 2012. It’s been an uphill blogging journey that allowed me to experience and learn quite a few things. Just like any industry, blogging changes daily but if I knew then what I know now – I could have gotten where I am years ahead of time. Start Your Blog.
There is not a week that goes by that someone doesn’t ask me, How Do I Create a Blog to share my ______ (you fill in the blank). I usually direct them to a website or two and give them a detailed email on what you need to know before you get started. These questions will help you focus and narrow down the Why’s and How’s of your new blogging journey.
I conducted a class in August 2014 on Blogging Basics (in person) and the response from the attendees was so good that I decide to do another class, but online.
With Blogging Basics: Start Your Blog with 5 Questions on Wednesday, February 25th at 9pm ET we will go over:
- Why the name of your blog matters?
- Where do I start? Blogger or WordPress
- What do I write about?
- How does social media play apart in blogging?
- So you’ve created a blog, now what?
Blogging has actually changed my family’s life over the pass few years. I would have never known the events I would be able to attend (Oprah’s Live Your Best Life & The White House), people I would be able to meet (Tracee Ellis Ross) and places my family are able to enjoy (Snow Mountain & Six Flags). It’s amazing.
3 Facts About Blogging:
- It’s hard work – it started out as a hobby, but if you want to make it more than that, it takes work. There are late nights, deadlines and competition but if you love what you do, it’s nothing you can’t handle.
- It’s not free – Yes to sign up with certain blog sites are free, but that’s the extent of it, if you want to be great at this. In order to invest in your blog, which is basically investing in yourself – it’s going to cost you.
- You meet friends that can become family – I have so many new great friends because of blogging. It’s a family within itself. I have been able to meet moms, wives, fashionistas, business women from all over the world that I would have never crossed paths with otherwise.
What people are saying about Blogging Basics:
I learned to keep your blog simple and not overload my readers with to much information or you lose the audience. Also, to also stick to a particular area (niche) like fashion, beauty etc. so you narrow you following and not be all over the place. You also have to be knowledgable on what you are blogging about. Do your research. – LaShell B.
The seminar help me with the basics of starting a blog, such as choosing a name, what content to write for my readers, and how to choose what type of blog I wanted to start (lifestyle, fashion , food and etc.) this seminar will set you on the right path on starting a new blog. – Lynn K.
How do I register?
- Click on the button below to pay.
- You will be directed to the webinar registration link.
- Register with that link, you’ll then be emailed the official link for the webinar.
- Be ready at 9pm on 2/25. Click the link to start the webinar or you can call in.
- Cost $25
If you’ve always wanted to start a blog, then register with the link above. Blogging can be an extremely rewarding hobby or a lucrative business. It’s all about your WHY, and that’s something we will discuss in Blogging Basics: Start Your Blog with 5 Questions on Wednesday, February 25th at 9pm ET.
Will I see you online?