Beauty Skin Care

[Video] I Actually Tried Applying Lipstick as Concealer

Lipstick and concealer_Bernettastyle

I was scrolling on Facebook and saw a friend post a video of a young lady using Lipstick as Concealer, and it sparked my interest. The lady was of Indian decent and our skin tones were so similar, so I decided to try her technique and see if it could work for me.

Lipstick

I initially tried it on one side of my face and the next morning, I went full face for church! I decided to make a video at the same time I tried this technique.

Here are the simple steps to apply Lipstick as Concealer:

1. If you are similar to my complexion, use an orangish/reddish tint. If you are a different complexion, you will have to play with different colors.
  2. Use a brush or your finger to apply the lipstick around your eye.
  3. Apply your foundation as you normally would. I use a sponge.
  4. Continue to apply the rest of your make up! That’s it!

I liked the results, I don’t love the results but I think that has to do more with me not being a make-up guru. I wear makeup on the average 1 day a week, so I’m no expert.

I know the basics, and always had an issue with

• Should I put concealer on before or after the foundation?
  • Is this the right shade for my skin tone?
  • Can people see it? Did I blend it correctly?

So, this new technique was fun to learn and even try. I would do it again for sure. My husband couldn’t tell that I had lipstick under my eyes but he did say, “You have too much make-up on!” Uggh!!

So, after watching the video – would you try it?

Comments

comments

Bobbie
    February 2, 2015 at 10:30 am

I probably wouldn’t try it..I want my lippies for my lips. It looks so natural on you, Bernetta. You did a good job!

Stacie
    February 2, 2015 at 11:36 am

Wow! I think you did a real good job blending it in. I couldn’t tell one bit. That being said “I” would be way too scared to try it!

Kiwi
    February 2, 2015 at 12:42 pm

I saw your video last night! I am happy you tried it…it seems cool but honey I will not be wasting my lipsticks to do this. I seen the Indian girl do it and I just cant bring myself to do this…also the clean up after and smudging all that red lipstick afterwards.

I am glad you got some good results out of it. Its cool to always find new beauty techniques!

Kim
    February 2, 2015 at 3:40 pm

I have never heard of lipstick as concealer. I am going to have to do further youtube research! I learn new things every day!

Michelle
    February 2, 2015 at 4:40 pm

I wear make up only a few times a year but I would try it just for giggles! hey it’s OK to try something new, Kudos.

Angela
    February 2, 2015 at 8:38 pm

Using the lipstick as a concealer turned out pretty on you. It looks like it blended well and there was good coverage. Personally, I wouldn’t try it.

Joyce Brewer (@MommyTalkShow)
    February 2, 2015 at 9:34 pm

I’m not sure why this young lady wanted to use lipstick as concealer. Typically, people use a color that’s a shade lighter than their skin as concealer.
    I think you did a good job blending. But I’m sure the Maybelline foundation you used also comes in concealer.

I wore full makeup everyday for work when I was in TV. I would definitely stick w/ a specific concealer product and apply it UNDER your foundation.

LaShawn
    February 2, 2015 at 10:23 pm

I probably wouldn’t try it, but I can see how it would work. My main problem would be finding the right shade for my skin tone.

MJ
    February 2, 2015 at 10:50 pm

Hmmmm, this is pretty interesting. Is the lipstick used in place of concealer as a savings factor or something else?
    I rarely wear makeup but I’m willing to try anything once. You look radiant and lol at the husband.

Christine @MomsNCharge
      February 3, 2015 at 2:30 am

I was going to ask the same question as MJ. I never in a millionyears would’ve thought to use lipstick. But probably because I wouldn’t wear lipstick any where near my complexion. LOL But I will say that now I know it’s an option, I won’t say “never” lol 🙂

Nicole Brewer
    February 3, 2015 at 1:14 am

This is pretty cool. I really need to get better with makeup application so thanks for the tips!