5 Reasons I Wear Maternity Jeans (Although I’ll Never Be Pregnant Again)

Maternity Feature

Simply put, maternity pants are a mom’s best kept secret.

When I was pregnant, I fell in love with my maternity jeans. I always told myself that after my child was born, I was still going to wear maternity pants. I started working out and basically fitting back into my old clothes and that thought went out of the window.

Then, I was pregnant for a third time and told myself the same thing, “I need to invest in some Maternity Pants after I have this baby!” Well, my son is now two years old and I have finally bought me some maternity pants.

ROSS Store  MaternityI told my husband I wanted to purchase some and his response was, “Can you even fit maternity pants?” I replied with, “Of course! Skinny girls get pregnant all the time. It’s not about the legs and thighs, but it’s all about that belly baby!”

5 Reasons Why Maternity Pants are the Best Kept Secret?

1. Comfortable – How many times a day do you adjust your button and zipper on your pants? How many times does your button seem to dig into your stomach or you feel the need to unbutton your pants because of that. With Maternity Jeans/Pants, just pull it up and go!

2. Belly Support – It’s like you have a built in tummy shaper. I know some mommies wear girdles, shapers, and/or tummy support but these maternity pants wrap around the tummy with a smooth fit and look. No one will be able to tell that you have on maternity jeans.

Maternity Jeans3. No Hangover – How many times do you see/feel your stomach hanging over your jeans? It fits your thighs & butt, but your tummy still spills over the top? With my two pair of maternity pants, no spillover.

Maternity Jeans4. Cute Fit – I wore my jeans to work and told two people in the office that I was wearing maternity jeans, and their jaws dropped. They couldn’t believe how cute these pants were but also shaped my buttocks! Yes, they still fit good around the booty (for those that feel that’s important).

Maternity5. They Don’t look like “Mommy Jeans” – People joke about Mommy Jeans and that they look uncomfortable for women who wear them. They are usually big & frumpy in most places. Not these maternity pants. They look like regular pants, I’m just getting extra support around my tummy area.

I bought these two pair of jeans from my local Ross store for $10 & $12. I think it’s a great price for a new pair of pants. Now that I see that these two pants work so well, I will be back for more.

Would you wear maternity pants after your pregnancy?

3 Post You Might Like:

6 Signs You Need a Me Day

6 Ways He Turned Me On (and He Didn’t Even Know it)

My 9 Yr Olds First Kiss & My “I’m Not Ready Moment!”

Comments

comments

Carissa
    February 21, 2015 at 9:28 am

So my body is all out of sorts after having twins…this isnt a bad idea!!! Maternity leggings were the bomb while I was pregnant…and they probably are even better now…I may actually try this!!!

February 21, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Thanks Carissa!! Very comfy, and worth a try.

K. Elizabeth (YUMMommy)
    February 21, 2015 at 9:54 am

My maternity pants are too big now that I’m back down to my pre-babies weight. I went from a size 22W back to a 6, but I wish could still them because they were so comfy! I might have to hunt down some small ones.

February 21, 2015 at 12:59 pm

That’s why you go get your size. I am size 6 as well.

Renae
    February 21, 2015 at 9:58 am

Those black leggings are too cute, where did you get those from?

February 21, 2015 at 12:59 pm

I got them from Ross. I put the price in the post.

Katherine G
    February 21, 2015 at 11:33 am

This is such a great idea! Those pants are so cute on you.

Patrice M Foster
    February 21, 2015 at 1:06 pm

Bernetta, I had to stop and respond to your blog post. Like it a lot I would never thought to wear maternity pants but after reading and see your graphic…… you transform me. thanks for sharing.

February 21, 2015 at 1:16 pm

Thanks so much for reading!! I mean it took me a while to go get them, but it’s now like a best kept secret!! I love the way they feel compared to regular pants!

Lisa
    February 21, 2015 at 4:05 pm

Brilliant! I’m going to check them out. You reminded me of how much I loved my khakis when I was pregnant. So comfy and flattering. Thanks for the inspiration!

Siobhan (BeFree Project)
    February 22, 2015 at 1:08 am

This post really caught my attention. I would have never thought to wear maternity pants after my pregnancy but it’s really a great idea. Who would’ve thought?? And those black leggings are super cute. I think this is a really good idea plus you can’t beat that price.

Christine @MomsNCharge
    February 22, 2015 at 3:09 am

I definitely had to give away all the ones that I owned because they would not stay up. But now I may have to try on some in smaller sizes. It also beats having to wear belts which I don’t like to do often. lol

GinaB @ Mirror Watching
    February 22, 2015 at 3:46 pm

I would have never thought to wear maternity pants after pregnancy, but seeing them on you I am sold. Great life or style hack!

Earl-Leigh Designs
    February 22, 2015 at 10:00 pm

Great idea! My mom is Southern so she told me to get rid of my maternity pants unless I wanted to get pregnant again. Superstition! Lol.

February 22, 2015 at 10:11 pm

Well it’s snipped over here in these parts!

Melody
    February 23, 2015 at 12:31 am

Girl rock it! You look great. I say whatever works for you then wear it!

T. Espinoza
    February 23, 2015 at 10:57 am

When I saw the title of this post I thought “no ma’am!” LOL These pants look super cute on you but I won’t even go near the maternity section of the store chile… I don’t want to give the universe any ideas.

Lynn
    February 24, 2015 at 1:24 am

Loving the black ones… I would have NEVER known!

maternity jeans
    March 27, 2015 at 3:56 am

Nice Outfit all are great for giving the suggestion at when anyone pregnant. Really i like the your maternity jeans this is perfect at that time.

Brandy
    December 12, 2015 at 6:36 pm

I have a heather gray sweat suit I bought from Target when I was pregnant and I still wear it to this day. It makes me look amazing and it feels awesome. I just told my hubby I was tired of trying to find the “right” size and that I was going back to my maternity clothes.