Smart Simple Stylish

Atlanta African American Bloggers You Should Know

Blog feat

When I started blogging in 2010, I didn’t know any African American women who blogged. Not a single person. The more I blogged, the more I networked, which allowed me to meet some great bloggers who have become good friends.

I started BernettaStyle in 2012, and came out of my shell. Thank God I did, because I have been able to meet and become friends with some amazing African American Bloggers. As a blogger living in Atlanta, it seems like we get to experience & share everything with our readers first. One thing I have come to enjoy, is that the African American blogging community in Atlanta is small (everyone knows everyone), but it’s also huge (there are hundreds of AA bloggers here).

10849801_10204521509591289_2893360272351136263_n

In the Atlanta African American Blogging Community, you can’t go to an event or work on a brand campaign without seeing another AA Blogger you know. Although we live in Atlanta, our reach is worldwide. On the list below, the blogs are a variety of Parenting, Fashion, Beauty, Photography, Food, Travel and more. I love that! Companies reach out to these ladies, when they want to get their message out because these women deliver.

African American Consumer Facts Source:

• African American population is an economic force to be reckoned with, with a projected buying power of $1.1 trillion by 2015.
  • African-American consumers growth outpaces the rest of the population by 30 percent.
  • There are 43 million African Americans in the United States, second largest racial minority in the country BUT even with these impressive numbers and buying power most mainstream advertisers are not inclusive, do not include African Americans in media and marketing plans and have underestimated the market size.

I have been fortunate enough to meet, work with, attend an event, and/or become friends with all of these ladies.

Atlanta African American Bloggers You Should Know!

Ashley – Mommy Week

LaShawn – Everyday Eyecandy

Jai – Jai Stone

Sojourner – Married with Two Boys

Rotricia – Create Cook Capture

Arianne – Saver in the City

NeShanta – Style is She

Do you know any of these bloggers? Do you have a favorite? Who else should I add to this list?

Comments

comments

Brandi
    December 15, 2014 at 9:11 am

I’m always looking for bloggers for projects, and this list is awesome! There are a few folks on the list that I didn’t know, so grateful for the chance to get to check them out! Thanks, Bernetta!

December 16, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Thanks for the idea Brandi!! Hopefully more of these ladies will have more great opportunities coming their way.

Trina - Baby Shopaholic
    December 15, 2014 at 9:22 am

Thanks for including me in this list! Great bloggers in the A!

Daphne Channel
    December 15, 2014 at 9:34 am

I LOVE THIS POST 😀
    Yes I agree AA Bloggers in the “A” have an amazing social reach and business want to work with us because we are part of a market share that they really want to be in touch with. We are all great influencers.
    Thanks for the plug, im happy to be part of this community

Alisha
    December 15, 2014 at 11:44 am

I love this Bernetta and this is why I love you! Love to see other women showing love for one another and lifting each other up! And I’m happy to say that I know about 80% of these ladies. Now to check out the others!

MJ
    December 15, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Awww Bernetta thank you for including me in your round up. I am still learning but so many of the women on the list have been a great inspiration to me as well as source of support and friendship since moving to Atlanta. This NYC girl is still adjusting. LOL. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Dee Dee (@MissFoodieFab)
    December 15, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Awww, you are awesome. Thanks so much for including me.

Adanna
    December 15, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Thanks for sharing! While I am familiar with most of the bloggers on this list and have met a few there are a few I didn’t know.

Bobbie
    December 15, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Great blogger list!! I know most…..guess its time to get to know the others. 🙂

Christine @MomsNCharge
    December 15, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Great list Bernetta, and I’ve found a few new bloggers that I will have to start following. And of course some great friends who are a part of this list. Thanks for sharing 🙂

NappyBella
    December 16, 2014 at 2:20 am

Loving this list and love meeting and connecting with bloggers. Hoping to meet some here 🙂

Louida
    December 16, 2014 at 9:16 am

Awww you’re so sweet Bernetta! Thanks for including me! I’m so happy I got to meet you this year, you’re such a fabulous person. You got a great list of AA bloggers I hope to meet all of them.

Vashti (Veepeejay)
    December 16, 2014 at 12:15 pm

This was a great list! I see some of my faves on there as well. I’ll be checking out the ladies I’m not familiar with. I’m making an extra effort to linkup with more AA bloggers in Dallas next year.

Renae
    December 16, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I’m so glad you shared this, I started blogging years ago and it took me until forever to find other AA bloggers in general, and I still have yet to find any in the DFW (Dallas) area. I’m not into growing a brand so I just blog about my family but, I’m always wanting to support others for sure near and/ or far. I can’t wait to go through the Atlanta list you gave and find some new blogs to visit, some I’m already familiar with and the others I’m hoping to start enjoying.

December 16, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Hey Renae
      Vashti (Veepeejay) recently posted…Easy Elegant Holiday Hair with Shea Moisture JBCO Collection
      Lives in Dallas & a blogger too. Check her out!

Janeane Davis
    December 16, 2014 at 12:28 pm

There are some great bloggers here. I see some old favorites and now some new people to check out.

Yolanda @ Seeing It Their Way
    December 16, 2014 at 6:44 pm

How did I miss this post! Thank you for including little ole me on your list! I am proud to be including among such amazing bloggers!

Maria Smith
    December 17, 2014 at 7:03 am

Thanks for including me! I see many people I know and love but also those I haven’t met yet. I will be making sure I go through your list and get to know everyone.

Atlanta African American Bloggers You Should Know
    December 22, 2014 at 8:39 am

[…] [Read More…] […]

Tami
    January 3, 2015 at 7:33 pm

Thanks for the shout out and blog love! Keep up the good work! xoxo

Nadeen
    January 7, 2015 at 2:00 pm

Thank you so much for including me & The Sophisticated Life! Grateful to have met so many women that have been an inspiration and shared their blogging knowledge. This is a great list to plan a Blogger Meet up with!

Kia Morgan Smith
    January 7, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Thanks much Bernetta! xoxo!

Kita
    January 8, 2015 at 8:49 am

Thank you so much for including me. I love finding new blogs to add to my reader this is a great list!

T. Michelle
    January 11, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Great list! I’m a newer ATL travel blogger, but seeing other AA women doing their thing inspires me to do more. Maybe we all can have an ATL meetup soon.

Kristine Manley
    October 15, 2015 at 11:12 pm

I am so glad I came across this post. I need to reach out to my African American Atlanta bloggers. Thank you – 🙂