Disclosure: I am a member of the Everywhere Society and Everywhere provided me with compensation for this post. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own.
One thing I miss about being home during the day is being able to watch daytime TV. Thank goodness for the DVR. One show that I enjoy and look forward to, is the Dr. Oz Show. I have been a fan on Dr. Oz since he first started giving us life saving tips on the Oprah show.
Dr. Oz is now moving to Atlanta! Don’t get too excited, he is not moving his studio here. Oh but a girl can dream! His show is now moving to Atlanta’s own WSBTV. If you live in Atlanta or the surrounding area, you will also have an opportunity to meet Dr. Oz at the Bringing Healthy Back with Dr. Oz Health Expo on September 13th from 9am – 5pm.
The expo is free to attend, but registration is encouraged for attendance and required for a seat at the “90 Minutes to a Healthier You” show run-through or to get a health check.
Here are the MAIN details:
- Register HERE
- Downtown Hilton: 255 Courtland St. NE, Atlanta, GA
- The “90s Minutes to a Healthier You” shows are from 11a-12:45p & 2p-3:45. Another show may be added if registration fills up. The show will contain an all-star roster of experts (including Dr. Oz) who will share tips and advice on health, fitness and nutrition.
And here are some more MUST KNOWS about this event:
- WSB-TV Anchors (Jovita Moore, Justin Farmer, Karen Minton, Katie Walls, Glenn Burns, Linda Stouffer) will be at the Health Expo and your readers can meet them. Jovita and Justin will also be MC’ing the “90 Minutes to a Healthier You” show.
- At the Health Expo, WSB-TV will host a Twitter contest for those who are on-site. Two people who tweet the most about the Health Expo will get to meet Dr. Oz. More information about the contest will be revealed at the Health Expo.
- Internationally recognized Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) specialist, Dr. C. Daniel Smith of Buckhead Surgical Associates, will be on-site to conduct heartburn and GERD testing at the “Heartburn Help” clinic. Some registrants will be eligible for on-site diagnostic scoping to further assess their circumstances.
- Dr. James “Butch” Rosser will share his vision of the “War On Heartburn”: the Problem, Diagnosis and Treatment in “90 Minutes to a Healthier You”. You can also register to attend his War On Heartburn Town Hall meetings.
- David Buer, Atlanta-based Sharecare Fitness Expert and celebrity trainer of people like Tyler Perry and Joey Lawrence, will also attend and demystify frustrating fitness myths and misconceptions about working out in “90 Minutes to a Healthier You”. He will also motivate you to adopt a more active and fun lifestyle with simple and effective workout routines that you can do anywhere without any equipment.
- Stepp Stewart, a fixture on Dr. Oz, will perform a pulse racing routine that you can easily do at home to get in tiptop shape in “90 Minutes to a Healthier You”.
- Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, Chief Doctor at Sharecare, will show you how to use health management gadgets, use your smartphone as a personal health consultant, and demonstrate free health apps to help your health needs in “90 Minutes to a Healthier You”.
- In “90 Minutes to a Healthier You”, Chefs Crystal Hoang and Seth Hendricks (of the restaurant Goin’ Coastal) will give Southern favorites a healthy makeover to keep the dishes low in fat and calories, but high on flavor.
- Dr. David Wentz, CEO of USANA Health Sciences (a nutritional supplements company) and author of The Healthy Home, will point out the simple ways to protect your family from hidden household dangers in “90 Minutes to a Healthier You”.
I am so looking forward to attending this event. When do you get a chance to be in the presence of so many medical professionals at one time and ask them what you want without having insurance? I wonder if Dr. Oz will bring us a pair of those famous purple gloves!
Social media is like having a news stream LIVE, so to keep up with the event, pictures and what others are looking forward to – please follow their social media links:
- @WSBTV (Twitter, Instagram)
- @allthingsWSB (Twitter)
- @DrOz (Twitter)
- @dr_oz (Instagram)
- WSB Anchors: @JovitaMoore, @JustinFarmerWSB, @karenmintonwsb, @katiewallswsb, @LindaWSB
- @USANAinc, @PiedmontHealth, @alere, @Covidien, @DavidBuer