I am thankful for a neighborhood with side walks. We can ride around our whole subdivision and I don’t have to worry about them riding in the street, unless I am with them. I did catch my son riding in the street, like he was grown one evening. That didn’t end well for him!
For Mother’s Day, my family bought me a bike! I was so excited and use it often. My children and I like to ride around our neighborhood together in the evening after dinner or early morning (weekends) before breakfast.
Here are a few benefits to bike riding with your children:
- Improve your fitness: bike riding tones the booty, thighs, tummy and reduces cellulite.
- Relationship: the interaction improves the bond with your children. We actually do talk and laugh a lot when we ride.
- Independence: Bike riding allows children to get to know their surroundings and feel apart of it.
- Weight Loss: bike riding raises your metabolic rate, helping you keep the weight off.
- Ageless: regular bike riders are as fit as an average person 10 years younger.
- School: teachers report that kids who walk or cycle to school are more alert and ready to learn vs. car riders.
What I recently learned about are Bike Clubs. My county has one, BikeCobb.org, which has different membership levels ranging from $15-$500. I am honestly probably not going to join a club, but it’s good to know if I ever wanted tips or to meet other families that ride, it’s a source for us.
Continue enjoying your summer…. and take some time to ride your bike.