Welcome to the first post of the Simple Summer Series!! Summer is HOT here in Atlanta, and in order to get the full benefit of the season we need to be in the best shape. The first step to doing that is Hydration! We need water, but who says we need it plain?
When I was growing up, I hated water. Over the last 6 years I have come to drink it because I knew it was good for you. Over the last 2 years, I have come to enjoy it because I can add things to it that aid in health benefits! Enter Fresh Lemon & Mint! There are so many added benefits of the wonderful fruit, Lemon. Here are just a few:
- Aids in weight loss and gives your body natural electrolytes.
- A great source of Vitamin C and antioxidants which help to maintain your body’s energy.
- Gives your skin a great glow by rejuvenating it from within.
- Lemon (or Lime) help stimulate and regulate the digestive track (helps with constipation, heartburn & gas) and allows it to flow more freely.
Oooooh and let’s not forget the Mint leaves:
- Help you digest more effectively; improving the flow from the liver, to the gallbladder, to the small intestine.
- It helps to relax cramped up stomach muscles.
- It’s also adds a refreshing flavor to your drink.
I saw this cute picture on Pinterest. Someone infused water with Lemon and Mint and made ice cubes! That’s another way to added it to your water without cutting up a Lemon/Mint everyday. I just might try this.
Do you add any fruit to your water? There are so many combinations you can do, it’s wonderful. I don’t like plain water, so this way I get to try new flavors and added health benefits. It’s a win- win!! Have you heard of a WATER INFUSER? They have pitchers and/or bottles where you can add your fruit and it gives your water a wonderful taste without actually mixing in with your water. Here are two affordable ones that I have seen on Amazon.