Bernetta Style

Living Smart, Simple & Stylish

Happy Birthday To ME!! Birthday Blues! (Mini-Video)

It’s my birthday! It’s my NEW YEAR! I am happy and grateful I made it to 29 + 8, healthy kids, great husband and all the gifts, talents and opportunities God has given me!! So grateful, but sometimes I still get the birthday blues every birthday. I always use my birthday as a way to reflect back on my life, decisions, choices, and plans. All year I am moving and shaking and on my birthday I am thinking, “I haven’t done enough!” “I am not far enough in this road called life!” “I should be farther along!” “When is this going to happen?”

Continue reading about my day…

Birthdays should be a happy time and should be spent celebrating life, but I promise you it is always a day of reflection for me. I don’t do it on purpose but I guess that just me. It’s currently 11:11am and I have already been reflecting, thinking, planning, wondering, hoping, wishing, and had a moment! Girl, it’s ya birthday – stop being so deep and ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!

I don’t really have any major plans today. I wanted to do a paint party, but didn’t plan it out. Then I talked to my hubby about doing a game / Mexican night tonight at my house, but then I backed out. So, today if my mom watches my children tonight – the hubby and I will probably do dinner and movie. I am cool with that. I do eventually want to throw myself a big hoopla of a party, but it’s not this year. Maybe for my 40th! I think everyone deserves one great birthday party in their life! I haven’t had mine yet.

How are Birthday’s for you? Is it a BIG DEAL? Do you lay low?

Comments

comments

About

14 Responses

1. Cam | Bibs and Baubles says

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you let yourself enjoy it.

I usually lay low but I agree, I need a birthday party. I’m thing the big 4-0 is going to be the time to do it.
    Cam | Bibs and Baubles recently posted…It’s December! WHAAAA!!!My Profile

• Bernetta says

Thanks so much!!

• Bernetta says

Thanks Cam!! You are right… the big-40!

2. Courtney says

Happy Belated Birthday, Bernetta!!! You look fabulous at 29 + 8!! Hope you had a great dinner/date with you hubby.
    Courtney recently posted…2014 Natural Hair Resolutions, Goals + Length CheckMy Profile

• Bernetta says

Thanks so much Courtney!! Sorry for the late reply. It was a nice night!

3. LeSha B. (@TheLovelyPhotog) says

Happy Birthday! It’s awesome to just enjoy your birthday with your loved ones :) I’ll be spending my birthday with my hubbie too :)

Have fun!

• Bernetta says

Thnaks LeSha! It was a good birthday!

4. Yolanda @ Seeing It Their Way says

The New Year & Birthdays are always a time for reflection put them together and that’s reflection overload. I’m pretty low key, usually the hubby surprises me with any number of things from a party to a day out with the fam to a romantic staycation. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday with many more to come!!!
    Yolanda @ Seeing It Their Way recently posted…My Child Called Me Fat & New Year’s ResolutionMy Profile

5. robincharmagne says

Happy Birthday, a dinner and a movie sounds like a fun night. Enjoy!
    robincharmagne recently posted…50 by 50 ChallengeMy Profile

6. Bobbie says

I normally do something…even if its just a small dinner out with either my sisters or a few friends. I did do a little something on my milestone bday in 2012. Whatever you do, just enjoy your day, dear! Happy birthday, again!

7. K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy says

I usually keep my birthdays low key and just spend time with family doing dinner and/or a movie. Happy Birthday!
    K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy recently posted…Dreams, Visions And Resolutions 2014My Profile