Have you ever had a book that you received so much information out of that you wanted to share it with all your friends? That is how I feel about Real Money Answers for Every Woman.
Honestly, when you think of a book to teach you about money – you think boring, drab and to the to the point where you feel like, “I already knew that.” This book is anything but these things. Here are 5 reasons why I enjoyed this book and I plan to revisit it often to keep her points fresh in my memory.
1) Conversational tone: Right from the start of this book it reads like Patrice Washington is in the same room with you. It literally felt like she was in the room telling me these things. It helps that I know her but that makes it even more cool. The tone of the book is not Do This Because I Said So, but Do This Because I Have Been There Too And I Know It Doesn’t Work!
2) Starts with the Foundation: My favorite section of the book is Create Wealthy Habits. It’s my favorite because she starts with Money Mindsets, Attitudes & Myths about money. I love this. People think so many times, “If I just had more money….!” No love, it’s more like “If you would manage the money better you already have!” We all have an emotional relationship/attachment to money based on our upbringing and Patrice covers those myths (or excuses) throughly in her book. You have to have your mindset right in everything before you do anything.
3) What are you dreams: Yes! She wants you to ask yourself about what do you really want to do! She talks about having a job & starting a business and what it takes to do both (& at the same time). There is a section that allows you to write what you are good at, what gives you energy, what is your skill set, what do people ask you to do over and over again FOR FREE! Once you answer all these questions, now what? She covers that too!
4) What every woman should have: Honestly, this section intimated me. Sure did. It made me look like I personally don’t have it together but at the same time I know I now have a blueprint to work from. Patrice gives us a checklist of important legal documents & financial statements that every woman should have access to. The checklist list 52 things!! See why I felt intimated! For the most part, I know where these papers are, but some things on the check list I don’t have at all. That is what I need to work on.
5) Covers all the bases: This book leaves no stone unturned when it comes to managing your money. It answered so many questions and many times I caught myself staring out into space thinking if I would just apply these lessons…. There are 4 sections:
- Create Wealthy Habits - Money Mindsets, Attitudes & Myths, Wealth Begins Within, Setting the Foundation
- Earn More Money - Workplace Wisdom, Get Your Hustle On, You Are Your Best Investment
- Manage Money Wisely – Get It Together!, Budgeting Effectively, Saving and Reducing Debt Simultaneously, The Fundamentals of Banking, Boosting Credit
- Relationships and Money – Your Honey/Your Money, Friends & Family or Financial Foes, Kids & Money
Even if you feel you already have it together, I am sure she will teach you something new! If I would have this book before I graduated college, my life (financially) would look different today. I am so sure of it. Click HERE to order Real Money Answers For Every Woman from Amazon. It retails for $17
Disclaimer: I was given a copy of this book, but my thoughts are 100% my own. Always!