Uncategorized

Motherhood Monday :: New Law Alert! It’s Now Illegal to Touch a Pregnant Belly

You read right! It is now illegal to touch a pregnant woman’s tummy without her permission – at least in Pennsylvania!Β When my husband emailed me this, I didn’t believe it was true. It started because a man continued to harass a woman by touching her stomach on a regular basis against her will . And now it’s against the law?! Wow!!Β  Source183869_201162419910887_4994239_n[1]Where was this law when I was pregnant with all three of my children? When I was pregnant with my 2nd child, me and another mom-to-be created Belly Etiquette. It was a T-shirt company and it was birthed because people kept touching my stomach! It irked me so much!Β 184865_201161489910980_8131701_n[1]

Honestly, I think making it against the law to touch a pregnant belly is a wee-bit extreme but it is frustrating none the less.

What do you think about this being a law?Β  Do you think it will spread to other states?

I actually don’t think it will spread to other states, but it will be interesting to see how this unfolds. People should respect the belly for sure!

184797_201161479910981_289244_n[1]

I still have more shirts in my inventory if you are pregnant and want to purchase any! I have large & extra-large for $10. Just email me at BernettaStyle@gmail.com

Comments

comments

Mandi
    October 28, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Respect the belly!! Lol! This law is a bit extreme but any woman who has ever been pregnant can relate. People are just drawn to preggo bellies, like there is a magnet in there. I don’t know what that’s all about. I love Belly Etiquette!! Cute idea.

Lashawn
    October 28, 2013 at 12:42 pm

That is an awesome law!!! I wish it had been around when I was pregnant!

Dani @ okdani.com
    October 28, 2013 at 1:14 pm

I hope this spreads to NYC, NJ and FL asap.

Demi Wells
    October 28, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Very clever. Love it!

x Demi
    astronaumica.com

Tia
    October 28, 2013 at 6:09 pm

I didn’t like anyone other than my husband touching my belly. It felt weird to me that people wanted to rub my belly. I don’t think this law will spread to other states but maybe it should. A pregnant woman has the right to not feel like a walking Buddha.

Tracy @ The UnCoordinated Mommy
    October 29, 2013 at 7:32 pm

I, thankfully, must have had this look on my face that said “DON”T TOUCH ME!!” because no one touched my belly during both pregnancies. I did however get the most annoying comments etc about how big I was compared to how far along I was. By the second pregnancy I was so done with it I wrote this rant….. http://theuncoordinatedmommy.com/pregnancy-brain-what-happens-to-people-when-they-are-around-pregnant-women/

Tiffany @ The Bizy Mommy
    October 31, 2013 at 3:18 am

Oh I LOVE these shirts! People do get crazy when you’re pregnant, but it doesn’t stop there, lol. They touch your newborn baby too!

Stephanie Payamps
    November 1, 2013 at 3:18 am

Thankfully none dare to ask if they could touch my belly when I was pregnant. That’s just nuts!