If you live in Georgia, you can’t drive too far without passing a Kroger Grocery Store. Near my house, there are two stores Publix & Kroger. They are usually across the street from each other. Over the years Kroger became my store of choice because of
- Low Prices – People think Wal-Mart Groceries are low, but Kroger can beat them on many prices! Why do you think they don’t mention Kroger in their Wal-Mart ad (only Publix). Because they (Wal-Mart) already knows!!!!!!!
- Fuel Points – For every 100 points you get, 10 cent a gallon comes off the pump! When you have a family of 5, 100 points is easy to rack up. In addition to buying gift cards that gives you 4x the points.
- Personal Coupons – Because we have a Kroger Card, they know what we buy. They send us personal coupons (sometimes they are FREE) for things we buy often that you can use with manufacturer coupons! Save, save & save!
On Sunday, September 8, 2013 Kroger is starting a new program!! They want their customers to know they are lowering prices PERMANENTLY! We learned that out of the 25 million households that shop at Kroger only 8% use coupons. Out of that 8% only half of those people DOUBLE COUPONS. Which is a main reason Kroger has decided to stop doubling coupons on 9/21/2013. I know! A sad day for those that do use coupons (me included). They noticed that their customers would rather just have lower prices regularly because most of them do not clip coupons.
Well, they listened and now you will see a change this weekend! The are lowering over 3,000 prices and had to change at least 14,000 shelf tags! When you go into a Kroger this weekend, you will see new signage, new shirts and NEW LOWER PRICES!
One thing I was happy to learn was that Kroger offers at least 300 items in their Simple Truth Organic Line. By the end of the year, it should be around 500. There are over 4,000 items that are Organic ( & GMO free). We actually use Simple Truth and are glad they have such a huge selection.
What is 101 Free? When you buy Simple Truth you will see a 101 Free at the top of the package. “Free From 101” means that their products do not contain 101 artificial preservatives and ingredients that their Customers told them they didn’t want in their foods.
I think that is awesome. My children enjoy a good hot dog and we stopped buying them. When I saw that Kroger had a simple truth version, in addition to grass-fed beef, my eyes perked up!
These are a few of the blogger buddies that attended our “Special Day at Kroger!” yesterday. They were so kind. They gave a tour of the store, a NICE Grocery Goodie Bag and a great history lesson of the store!
- Started in 1883 by Barney Kroger
- He started the store with $372 in Cincinnati, OH
- Currently 2,500 stores in 31 states
- 2nd Largest Grocery Store next to Wal-Mart
- Currently 160 stores in Georgia
If you have to shop this weekend, try Kroger! At least you know you will be seeing TONS of lower prices.
Oh!! Red grapes are .99 a pound too!!